Q400 Battery Discharge with APU on

• Wouldn't you know it. The first flight on after fixing the issue with my toe brakes in the Q400, I notice the Main Bus Voltage decreasing at a steady rate with all battery switches flipped to the "on" position, the APU and APU generator on, and the main bus tied. I tried using external power instead but the Main Bus still showed a steady discharge. Help?

• I started work on the electric system but didn't finish... otherwise the q400 would be cold and dark, too :)

Even it the battery goes empty it should not affect anything yet.

See but what is funny about that is that it does effect the aircraft when I run out of battery. The flight displays stay on but the overhead panel goes dark and the engine starting system wont work. The battery discharges at a constant rate with the APU on or off. When it runs out I have no way of starting the engines so I have to reset the flight.

Edited once, last by DylanTL (February 6, 2019 at 7:49 PM).

• hm, that's not good. Not good I got interrupted and didn't pick up the work later :/

I was baffled because I put the aircraft in a cold and dark state, started the APU, and walked away to get food. When I came back the OH panel was dark and the DC BUS showed 0 volts. The APU GEN showed a load of 0.50 which led me to believe that it was charging the battery but clearly it wasn't.