where can I find xref_global.zip to download?

• This appears to be for USA but might be both, but, it doesn't generate the folder as per the instruction. duh. It might just be English is a 3rd or 4th language.

If not existing, unpack xref_global.zip to My PC > Documents > Aerofly FS2 >

scenery > xref and so generate the folder xref_global/

Regards,

Ray

• The plot thickens.

After some prompting and searching I now have found that IPACS started including the xref documents in their protected area sometime recently. I am confused that they have 4 folders but none of them are "global".

I downloaded the xref folders from the forum download area and this has 3 folders but, no "global" folder either. See comparison.

Can someone please explain which of the two is the one we should be using and if there are any conflict by having both.

IPACS

users

I am working on adding scenery in Asia and the instructions are to make sure I have "xref_global" installed in the user/scenery folder. duh.

Regards,

Ray

• Sorry I am confused too now. My xref_global folder which is found under Aerofly FS 2\scenery\xref in the documents folder does not contain any subfolders but just files like factory_big_concret_ds_00_roof_color.ttx.

I do not know from where I got it, maybe with the aerofly installation.

The other xref folder can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\xref

and contains four subfolders: xref_aircraft, xref_ch, xref_usa and xref_usa_airport.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

Edited once, last by TomB (February 22, 2019 at 10:47 PM).

• The xref_global folder is part of the installation of Aerofly and is there for future changes of xref distribution, but it was never used therefore the folder is empty.

The only xref objects that we have available to the community for use is available in our downloads section.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• For further confusion. I found the xref_global folder located in my eval package and placed it is my users/scenery/xref folder and everything works now. This does not have any subfolders, just factories, hangars, offices buildings, tanks and towers, and a few houses. I have no idea what is going on, but it works now. Thanks.

Ray

• For further confusion. I found the xref_global folder located in my eval package and placed it is my users/scenery/xref folder and everything works now. This does not have any subfolders, just factories, hangars, offices buildings, tanks and towers, and a few houses. I have no idea what is going on, but it works now. Thanks.

Ray

Ray, relocating any of the folders that were installed could cause major issues with Aerofly in general. It's advised to just keep any of the installed folders in their proper locations, they are not really meant to be messed with.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Some time ago I created on FSCloudPort a fictitious airport showing all xref objects. It is near Tucson called GAOA (Generic Airport Objects Airport). Can be downloaded from FSCloudPort.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Ray, relocating any of the folders that were installed could cause major issues with Aerofly in general. It's advised to just keep any of the installed folders in their proper locations, they are not really meant to be messed with.

Understand. I did not relocate anything. I added a required folder with files, supplied by the developer, to my users/scenery/xref folder. Evidently this is a requirement for this particular package. It doesn’t work without it.

Regards,

Ray