Nvidia 3DVision Stereoscopic support

• Finally my good old Nvidia 3Dvision (stereoscopic) shutterglass and 120Hz monitor system is working again in Prepar3DV4.4 and much, much better then in the old FSX versions.

In X-plane11 there is no native support for 3DVision BUT there is a small workaround with Freeware OpenGL3DVision drivers so put these in the sim root and there you go in full stereo 3D...

I'v tried the same trick in Aerofly fs2 but no luck...

In the past there was a fellow simmer who have asked already for 3DVision support in Aerofly fs2 with no luck but I hope the technical guys will look over it again because I have found out that 3DVision is on a Hugh revival since there are 55" TV's with 120Hz support for 3DVision right now and lot of VR users (included myself) are returning to Stereoscopic Nvidia 3DVision due to bad VR experience.

• Hi Simbanl, I'd enquired a while back and was told that it wasn't possible with OpenGL. I use red/cyan glasses and enjoy 3D driving in EurotruckSim2, it is great fun especially with the internet radio blasting out. It is very interesting to read that OpenGL 3D is possible, perhaps there is some hope of Aerofly becoming compatible?

I don't really expect to get long wave AM radio off future NAV (ADF) audio:P

• Is it really worth the trouble to revive 3D vision in the age of VR?

Yes... I have sold my Samsung Odyssey VR set after 2 weeks and I know there are lot of disappointed users. As long as there is no better VR headset that can produce at least HD on every eye without a screen door effect in Flight simulation I personally will stay on the good old 3DVision. Don't get me wrong... I was impressed with VR for flight simulation and as soon there is a good solution I will buy again a VR set. I have all the flightsims that are on the market today and the best experience for me was indeed in Aerofly and was for me the main reason for buying it but in 2D it's loosing my attention. What I wrote earlier, there are more and more flight simmers stepping aside from VR, Buying a big screen capable of 120Hz and go for the old Stereoscopic 3D. I see more and more people seeking on marketplaces for used 3DVision kits. For programmers it's not a hard deal to adapt also 3Dvision and I regret the decision of IPACS to not implementing it but hé, it's there choice and marketing roadmap.

Just my 2 cents...

• Yes I agree SDE and resolution are two things that are pushing people away from VR, but there is some progress. Pimax VR has better SDE and resolution than Odyssey to the effect that you can read all the instruments without any need to bend over for recognition. Definitely worth a try if you are unsatisfied with previous generation of VR headsets.

Yes... I have sold my Samsung Odyssey VR set after 2 weeks and I know there are lot of disappointed users. As long as there is no better VR headset that can produce at least HD on every eye without a screen door effect in Flight simulation I personally will stay on the good old 3DVision. Don't get me wrong... I was impressed with VR for flight simulation and as soon there is a good solution I will buy again a VR set. I have all the flightsims that are on the market today and the best experience for me was indeed in Aerofly and was for me the main reason for buying it but in 2D it's loosing my attention. What I wrote earlier, there are more and more flight simmers stepping aside from VR, Buying a big screen capable of 120Hz and go for the old Stereoscopic 3D. I see more and more people seeking on marketplaces for used 3DVision kits. For programmers it's not a hard deal to adapt also 3Dvision and I regret the decision of IPACS to not implementing it but hé, it's there choice and marketing roadmap.

Just my 2 cents...