Resizing some models cause instant crash

• If change size or weight of some models to too small, there is instant crash. Like Merlin and Junior S.

Ya, if you lower the Melin's size below ~75% on the scale bar (which automatically lowers its total scale weight then it crashes before take off (the plane, not the program). The Merlin is already a pretty small model anyway.

The Junior S is fine down to 50% scale size (which again auto-adjusts scale weight). But if you lower its weight on top of this below ~75% it crashes (wings break off?).

Probably something to do with the model's design not working quite right when these are taken below a certain limit. I wonder if this also happens with RC7?

Not something that bothers me since I do not fly those e-glider models but if it is important to you I think you should let RC8 support know about it. Hopefully they can sort it out in a future RC8 update.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• The 'rescale' feature of Aerofly RC 7 and RC 8 is extremely complex as it modifies our underlying physics parameters. Some parameters ( if adjusted in the wrong way ) will cause the model to crash instantly. So as a general rule, making a model smaller will 'mostly' work to a certain degree, but some models just don't like to be rescaled due to the critical parameters.

• The 'rescale' feature of Aerofly RC 7 and RC 8 is extremely complex as it modifies our underlying physics parameters. Some parameters ( if adjusted in the wrong way ) will cause the model to crash instantly. So as a general rule, making a model smaller will 'mostly' work to a certain degree, but some models just don't like to be rescaled due to the critical parameters.

Thanks for this reply and explanation. I understand and accept this. I normally only use the scaling to increase the top bar scale size (which automatically increases its weight) in order to better see aircraft, esp. in VR. Thanks again.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro