• Hi - is there a minimum length a runway must have? I tried to create a very small runway of 5x5m which could be used as a mountain helicopter landing platform. I did it in FSCloudPort but the runway was allways much longer afterwards in the sim. Also changing parameters in the tsc-file did not help.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Why not just use a helipad easily placed in your TSC?

Just use this code under 'helipads'

Code
    <[tmsimulator_helipad][element][0]
                    <[string8][name][H1]>
                    <[string8][type_name][building]>
                    <[vector2_float64][position][-81.7599657782887 24.5549091932849]>
                    <[float64][radius][8]>
                    <[float64][heading][89.13]>
                    <[float64][height][0]>
                >

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Jeff. But this is part of the airport tsc? The idea to use a runway was because it flattens the usually uneven ground in mountains. As I cannot use the airport approach I will maybe try with a x-ref object in a toc-file. I however fear that the helipad object will kind of fly and not sit properly on the ground. Will do further tests tonight.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I'll make a proper helipad option in Fscloudport soon. Probably 3 options:

1. As -is with no flattening so it can go on on or near existing fscp tarmac

2. With a circular disc of tarmac

3. With a circular disc of grass

I don't think my AC3D technology which i use to generate these can handle transparent ground surface as it lacks vertex weights, but someone with Max could perhaps make me a tmb which could do that. Say 40m radius?

The heli will have just the one H design as presently done.