CHANGES IN HUD OF THE F-18

• I have observed with pleasure the incorporation of a symbol or icon that indicates the state of the landing gear (up or down) of this aircraft. I congratulate you on this, and I would like it if this icon (or any other) were added to all the aircraft that do not have it.

I have also observed that all the numbers that indicate several parameters in the HUD have been modified, such as speed, heading etc. but now the body of those numbers are of a thinner line, and that makes reading difficult. The previous ones were better seen; the contents in the HUD of the F-15 are much better, which are exactly the same as the previous ones of the UHD of the F-18 prior to these modifications.

I beg to change and leave them as before.

Regards: Delfin

• The font and font thickness is much improved in the F-15E panel. Color, font, and weight all combine to be easier to read and understand. Thanks Jan.

If anything, the font could be even larger. Looks like there is some room left over now that makes the text appear smaller than before.

Regards,

Ray

• We are likely not going to change this as it will likely break how the HUD looks in VR.

There is a slider to adjust the size to whatever you want in the settings for this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• We are likely not going to change this as it will likely break how the HUD looks in VR.

I wonder the following:
    1) .- I liked the modification introduced in the HUD to indicate the situation of the landing gear. Many times I had thought about requesting that this benefit be added, but since you are very busy with work, I did not do it.

2º). - If nobody has requested that the numbers of the HUD be modified, why have they modified them? . All of us who do not have VR, I'm sure those same numbers look much better in the HUD of the F-15 (same as the numbers that previously had the F-18).

3º) .- With the current modification, do you see BETTER in VR ?.   If is NOT, I do not understand why it is not left as it was at the beginning

I ask again this forum:

How is it possible that nobody responds to my post?

And again cross-examine, especially on the 3rd paragraph: Those who currently have VR. Do you see BETTER after modifying the numbers that appear in the F-18 HUD?

I do not have VR, and now I see much worse. Also, if you look closely, the numbers are stuck together, which makes it even more difficult to read. Now it looks much worse on this aircraft, than on the F-15.

I would be grateful if you inform me, why these numbers have been modified. Modifications are made to improve; in this case, it has gotten worse.

Edited 3 times, last by delfinpm (February 17, 2019 at 12:53 PM).

• I think your problem is related to my problem:

Q400: different font!?

What I see on your HUD looks like what I see on my ND. Jeff responded: "The font was changed so that it looks better on mobile and it was adopted to all platforms following our strategy to keep all coding uniform amongst platforms in effort to speed up the programming process, but I have to also agree here that it just doesn't look correct."

So hopefully this will be changed back again: realism is more important than uniform coding imho. ;)

• We are looking into all of the font issues and have already fixed the font issue noticed in the Q400. A patch update will be released shortly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I think your problem is related to my problem:

Q400: different font!?

Thank you for answering J van E. and especially for the link, where I could read Jeff's observation about mobiles, (I had not read it). It happens that I rarely fly that Q400 plane, and that's why I had not discovered what you mention.

I do not know if it is related, but it is evident that all those who fly the F-18, (at least, in flat monitor), will have this problem that I mentioned, and it happens that this plane is one of the ones that I fly frequently , like the F-15.