Newer aircraft please

• I know you devopers are working really hard on newer aircraft, keep up the good work. But I’m sure lots of us using aerofly would prefer more comercial aircraft, and I can see that the devolpment of these aircraft takes time, I was wondering how X-plane has these variety of aircraft options with full live cockpits. The reason why I chose aerofly over X-plane is because of the price. X-plane can get a bit too pricey. All I’m saying is we would all adore more airplanes,

Thanks, speedbird 711

• I was wondering how X-plane has these variety of aircraft options with full live cockpits

Probably because XP has been worked on since 1995...? ;) How varied and fully functional do you think the AFS2 planes will be in 2040? ;)

I myself don't care for new aircrafts every few months: I rather have one or two aircrafts I like fully functional. That's all I desire. Ever since I got AFS2 I've been flying two to three of it's planes: some of them I never ever even tried. Give me a fully functional Q400 and C172 (though I prefer a low wing Piper) and you won't hear me talk about new planes at all anymore. ;)

And btw I would never never ever ever choose a flightsim based on price...! Unless you are a very casual pilot you should pick a sim on what it offers and if you like that or not.

• Well... you said it. Complex commercial aircrafts took huge time to build with a "full live cockpit". The freeware developer do the aircrafts they like. Nothing worse than telling them what to do, because then nothing will happen.

If you count on commercial addons, currently nobody offers a payware addon. Only Justflight announced that they may publish one - but a GA-Aircraft (Beech Duchess).

So it will be IPACS standard aircrafts: You have Airbus A320, Boeing 737, Boeing 747 and Dash 8. Not too bad, isn't it?

Stay calm, the community just learned how to do planes in Aerofly FS2. So I guess it will still take a while for the first highly complex aircraft to appear. Also AF2 missing some important parts like ATC and real Weather to make high quality IFR flights. Until this important parts are in place, it does not really make sense to build IFR Addons. (But for sure: This is just my small humble opinion.)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Probably because XP has been worked on since 1995...? ;) How varied and fully functional do you think the AFS2 planes will be in 2040? ;)

I myself don't care for new aircrafts every few months: I rather have one or two aircrafts I like fully functional. That's all I desire. Ever since I got AFS2 I've been flying two to three of it's planes: some of them I never ever even tried. Give me a fully functional Q400 and C172 (though I prefer a low wing Piper) and you won't hear me talk about new planes at all anymore. ;)

And btw I would never never ever ever choose a flightsim based on price...! Unless you are a very casual pilot you should pick a sim on what it offers and if you like that or not.

thanks for the advice and the detailed explanation. Since I’m a kid and don’t earn money, I can’t really do anything about the price, so I go with the best option. Since I am like an aviation geek at school and have flown light aircraft before I technically know how to fly, and do all the procedures, I also have tried infinite flight, but that costed too much over time, and since then I have sticked with aerofly