How to adjust the elevation of an object? Need my Aircraft Carrier back in the Thunersee.

• I want to adjust the elevation of the Eisenhower aircraft carrier. So about 18 months ago I managed to adjust the .TSC file of the Nimitz-Und.tsc file and place it in the middle of Lake Thun (Thunersee) near Interlaken Switzerland. Since then I had to reload my PC and forgot to save the change I made. I've been trying to adjust it once more but had no luck. I have the Lon/Lat backwards, as needed but can't seem to get the elevation set correct (558 meters / 1831 feet). Can anyone advise on how to adjust to make it show up once more? Thanks - Rainier.

• rainier February 20, 2019 at 3:51 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “How to adjust the elevation of an object?” to “How to adjust the elevation of an object? Need my Aircraft Carrier back in the Thunersee.”.
  • I still can't make it show up even with autoheight set to true. Can you take a look at my .TSC and tell me what I've done wrong? And what are you using to edit it? Thanks.

<[file][][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_place][][]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][sname][nimitz-und]>

<[string8][lname][nimitz-und]>

<[string8][icao][]>

<[string8][country][]>

<[string8][coordinate_system][lonlat]>

<[vector2_float64][position][ 7.706849 46.692807]>

<[float64][height][0]>

<[float64][size][500]>

<[vector2_float64][tower_position][0 0]>

<[float64][tower_height][0]>

<[bool][autoheight][true]>

<[string8][lights][]>

<[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]

<[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]

<[string8][type][object]>

<[string8][geometry][nimitz-und]>

<[vector3_float64][position][7.706849 46.692807 -0.2]>

• Have you tried to recenter the pivot point of the model?

Try this, in your 3d modeling application adjust pivot point/recenter pivot point to confirm it's in the center then move the pivot point down the ship towards the bottom or the hull more. Export it again and check in Aerofly. Make smaller adjustments to get it exactly where you want it after that as it should be a quick and easy process.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I still can't make it show up even with autoheight set to true. Can you take a look at my .TSC and tell me what I've done wrong? And what are you using to edit it? Thanks.

Have you checked the tm.log file for errors?

Also "height" should probably not be zero, land on that lake and note down your altitude, convert that from feet to meters and then enter that as "height".

• Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I first "landed" on the lake with the R-22 so I could measure the local height (560 m) and then used that for altitude instead of using autoheight=true. I finally adjusted it to 557 . As others have said, orientation is adjusted with "<[float64][orientation][-90]>" with the value in degrees.

I include my tsc file - I positioned more toward Interlaken airport.

I just wonder how the Nimitz ever got there.

Dave W.

• Thanks to everyone for your help. I ended up cleaning out a lot of old data in my "places" folder and then reinstalling the Nimitz-Und folder and adding whitav8's attached file. It worked and I now have an aircraft carrier in the back yard. I suspect that the system didn't like the way I was editing in Notepad and the format it was being saved, thus why it wouldn't work for me.

Why have a carrier in the Thunersee? In previous lives I worked on an aircraft carrier and I also lived in Thun. Combining two amazing times in my life together.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Edited once, last by rainier (February 21, 2019 at 3:17 AM).

• Hallo, ich habe eine grundlegende Frage zu diesem Thema. Ich hoffe, es ist okay, dass ich sie in diesen Thread schreibe.

Wie kann die Höhe eines schwebenden "xref Objekts" oder "Buildings" einer .toc Datei, die sich über einer [type][ground] [geometry][..._rwy)Fläche befindet verändert werden? Ich habe es mit Veränderung des 0 Wertes hinter den Koordinaten der Objekte versucht aber ohne Erfolg. Der Wert "autoheight" ist auf true. Für Tipps wäre ich sehr dankbar.