Can I access default Aerofly scenery objects?

• Hi,

I'd like to ask if and how I can access and place objects that are part of of the Aerofly default scenery in my own sceneries? For example, the fantastic Monument Valley has 3D models for cars and buses parked at a viewpoint. I'd like to do something similar for my own scenery. Can I somehow use these objects or do I have to have to create my own?

• For sure drhotwing1 (IPACS) :)

But would it be possible to access to the CH Xref Objects library ? I already asked I know... But it would be so easy to add in right places more the ex swiss army little grass covered shelters (U43) among the CH alpine old military airports..... For example, in AFS2 Zweisimmen. there are none, in reality there are 4 ), exactly the same as in Alpnach... The same apply to Munster (none), St Stefan (none), Reichenbach(none), Ambri (none).... There are virtualy always the same standards little grass covered shelters, already coded without access for us in CH Xref library. I could easily finish the job among all the places as freeware add-on (shoud I precise that I know all theses places, living in the swiss alps). Simply to implement with .tsc these objects would greatly enhance all these alpine airports, with your own IPACS quality objects ;)

Thanks, best regards

• We may add more objects to the public xref collection at a later time but we just can't get to it at the moment. Feel free to remind us again down the road a bit.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• thank you, I cannot wait.

It is really a pity, because at the moment, few Xref library fits to Switzerland- building style.... way too much US style... And all these typical swiss shelters, wood hangars, chalets.... were carefully designed by IPACS and are already in this "hidden" CH library.

Thanks to the IPACS team to consider this demand.

Happy weekend !

• I'm mildly surprised that nobody had yet transferred over any of the numerous freeware X-plane object libraries.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Maybe because that is not that easy?

Back to the xref question from fabs79. There is an easier way to work with xref objects than the one with dummy object explained in the download section and no need to use a 3D programme. One can reference in a tsc-file xref objects from a toc-file. However it does not work with all xref objects and IPACS did not yet answer why.

The xref libraries can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\xref

There are four libraries:

xref_aircraft

xref_ch

xref_usa

xref_usa_airport

I add here a sample tsc file and the corresponding toc file (just remove the txt after downloading).

• There is a xref.tmb containg information for all xref objects. So I thought when I rename it to the name of the object it will be found. This really works for some xref objects but others were all displayed in one place (e.g. suisse_houses). I referenced just suisse_house_0 but all suisse_houses were displayed all in each other on same coordinates.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• Some technical questions, just to the see if I'm understanding things correctly:

The tsc file is telling Aerofly where the center of the cultivation area is, and the size of the area where cultivation should be placed. The toc file tells Aerofly where to place each separate object within the area specified by the tsc file. Is that correct? But what's a tmb file for? And how does aerofly know in which library it needs to look for the objects? The toc file only says xref, not xref_usa or something like that. And do I need to Copy all of the xref library into my addons\scenery\places folder or can they stay where they are?

• Yes, I think that is correct and also my understanding.

The tmb file contains the information about the object. Aditionally there are the textures of the object (ttx files). So an object consists of a tmb file and ttx file(s) and there is a reference needed in a tsc file in order to display the object in Aerofly. This can also be an existing tsc file of an airport.

XREF objects are special and Aerofly knows where to look for it, same for cultivation (trees, houses). XREF objects can now be listed in a toc file in a xref_list like cultivation. A reference to that toc file is needed in a tsc file. The tmb file is in the xref folder.

If you have an own object , e.g. a Sketchup object or one you designed yourself in a 3D programme then you create the tmb and the ttx files. For reference a tsc is needed.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• On the XREF Model Library page there are the following instructions:
    * From your favorite 3D modeling program create a dummy object
    * Copy the name of one of the xref models and name the dummy object the same
    * Rotate your dummy object to rotate the model in your scenery by using the xy alignments shown in the reference image
    * add the renamed dummy object to your _obj Group

Is the dummy object meant to be a tmb file? Since I don't have a 3D modeling program I'd like to ask if the following steps would work:
    - load a dummy object as a Collada file (dummy.dae) in ModelConverterX
    - export it as tgi and tsc file
    - rename the created tmb file to the name of the desired xref object

If that would be a possible way then I would need a dummy.dae file for testing. Can someone please create such a file for me? Thanks in advance!

• Hello Gnaez,

for most of the xref models a direct toc integration without 3D Editor is possible if they are part of the four mentioned libraries.

You can edit the toc according to TomBs example:

Can I access default Aerofly scenery objects?

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 2 times, last by TomSimMuc (February 27, 2019 at 12:27 PM).

• Hello TomSimMuc,
    I have already tried it with a direct toc integration, but the xref objects float in the air or sink into ground and I cannot manipulate their height.

When I insert the xref objects into a tsc file the manipulation of the height is possible.

I created a ground area like this:

Code
    <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]
     <[string8][type][ground]>
     <[string8][geometry][TFFF_rwy]>
     <[vector3_float64][position][9.507184 47.666241 0]>
     <[float64][orientation][23]>
     <[int32][autoheight_override][-1]>         
    >

But I cannot make the xref objects adjust to the area. I'd be thankful for any help.

• I edited my example in Can I access default Aerofly scenery objects? by deleting the height in the position line.

Now the objects appear in the elevation they should (here Neubiberg)

I call them in the tsc file as this:

All these objects (exept the trees from regular cultivation) appear without tmb objects:

Does the attached airport (15km S of Munich) work for you?