Will installing Aerofly FS 2 Ver. 2.4.11 delete add-on scenery and aircraft/repaints?

• On the Macintosh platform, the only way I have found to install add-on scenery and aircraft is to "Show Package Contents" of the Aerofly FS 2 application, navigate to the scenery or aircraft folder, and install the appropriate files there. If I create an Aerofly FS 2 add-ons folder in documents, and put the install files there, they don't load, probably because the Mac FS 2 app never looks there (as all files are self-contained in the app's package contents).

My question is this: if I install the new version for the mac (Version 2.4.11) will that create a completely new application what does not include my installed add-ons? Or will the installer look at the old version (2.4.5) and transfer the add-on files I have put there to the package contents of the new version? It obviously makes a big difference to me, as I would not want to have to reinstall all the add-ons again. It took several weeks of work to build...

• Any Aerofly update path should simply just update files included in that build, but for caution you should still just back up your add-on folder just in case (even copy the folder onto your desktop). But to directly answer your question, no update should alter your add-on folders.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• On Mac OS you should not put user sceneries into the actual app folder. Instead use

/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons

or

/Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Containers/com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac/Data/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery

• Any Aerofly update path should simply just update files included in that build, but for caution you should still just back up your add-on folder just in case (even copy the folder onto your desktop). But to directly answer your question, no update should alter your add-on folders.

Didn't work, but see below.

I just installed the new version, and none of my installs are showing up. So the problem now will be transferring the installs in the old version into the new file structure you are advising. But once that is working, it will be a much simpler setup to maintain for doing installs.

I see now that both of the target paths already exist on my Mac, but I had been creating the addons folder in the User's documents folder (as instructed by several authors), not in the user library. That is probably why it didn't work.

Thanks for the help! I always felt opening the package contents was not the right way to go.

• Here is an update. I decided to just download aircraft and scenery again, rather than trying to transfer files from the previous version of Aerofly's package contents. Using the two paths above, I have been able to install aircraft repaints and scenery successfully.

Thank you!