AeroScenery Releases - Easily Create Photoreal Scenery

• With the GeConvert concurrency control in 1.0, I don't see why install cannot be part of the standard workflow.

Here's the scenario I was concerned about:

In one AeroScenery job:

1) User downloads a level 14 size at ZL 19 tile and geoconvert at level 14.

2) User downloads a level 9 size tile at ZL 17 and geoconverts at levels down to 14.

Here the tiles from (2) will overwrite the tiles from (1), which isn't what's wanted.

AeroScenery installs into a folder named after the level 9 tile that each tile belongs (if that makes sense).

This is to stop your install folder filling up with duplicates. (I don't even know how AFS handles duplicates).

After thinking this through for a while, I decided to just let the user manage it.

In theory, yes, you could write some code that works out what to install after everything is generated, but it's not simple.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I take your point even though my scenery process is without collisions

Level 9-12 at ZL 16

Level 13-15 at ZL 19

I guess I will just have to continue with my script.

My comments about intermediate states are still relevant.

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• The earlier Versions worked with my proxy settings for windows 10. In the actual version 1.0.1 i get no previews and downloads for google and bing maps.

I have to delete my proxy settings an open the needed ports for direct internet access on my firewall. Did you change something in this case?

Google and bing itself are working fine with proxy settings.

Regards

Roger

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift

• Hi Nick

exception trying to restitch when ortho image files had been deleted.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AeroScenery.ImageProcessing.TileStitcher.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<StitchImageTilesAsync>b__0()

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at AeroScenery.ImageProcessing.TileStitcher.<StitchImageTilesAsync>d__5.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.<StartSceneryGenerationProcessAsync>d__33.MoveNext()

at AeroScenery.AeroSceneryManager.<<Initialize>b__28_0>d.MoveNext()

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• The earlier Versions worked with my proxy settings for windows 10. In the actual version 1.0.1 i get no previews and downloads for google and bing maps.

I have to delete my proxy settings an open the needed ports for direct internet access on my firewall. Did you change something in this case?

Google and bing itself are working fine with proxy settings.

Nothing has changed, but I didn't add any support for using a proxy in any version. I'll take a look.

Hi Nick

exception trying to restitch when ortho image files had been deleted.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks. Will add to the 1.1 todo list

• Hi Nick

A usability suggestion

It would be nice to have some sort of multi-select capability. It is tedious to click numerous level 13 tiles in a row.

Select a tile then shift select a tile at the end of the row or other corner of a rectangle to select included tiles would be useful.

(In case you were running out of items on the todo list)

Stu

• Hi Nick

Have been re-installing FS2, and thought I had everything in place, including SDK. I downloaded and tried Aeroscenery, but got an error saying...... (3rd line)

2019-04-12 21:54:12 (INFO) Starting GeoConvert Process

2019-04-12 21:54:12 (INFO) Working on AFS Grid Square 1 of 1

2019-04-12 21:54:12 (ERROR) Could not find GeoConvert

2019-04-12 21:55:45 (INFO) Settings saved

In the settings page I show the path to the SDK as.... D:\Aerofly Development\SDK\aerofly_fs_2_sdk_tools\ and this is correct.

Any advice would be appreciated (probably something obvious!!)

- Kenneth

• Did you install geoconvert? When you download the sdk you need to open each individual folder, geoconvert, content convert and so on and run the file inside to install the respective component of the sdk

I double-checked geoconvert by converting an area last night using the old method... FSET, then Geoconverthelper. Everything worked in that way. I must assume that geoconcert is therefore operational, but not connecting with Nick's program on my system.

UPDATE:- Made another attempt, and now it is working. Will see how the scenery looks when finished. I did re-set the path to the SDK, even though it was the same as what was already in the settings menu. Maybe a space was accidentally in the path... who knows....

- Kenneth

Edited once, last by KJKsimmer (April 13, 2019 at 7:03 PM).

• hi Nickhod,

and thanks for your fantastic software, just amazing !

I'm using the last git build version (1.01), but having some trouble with the new great feature with bing (no-tile downloaded -> transparency).

This feature is working great arround Belle ile en mer (in France) but not arround Saint Malo (in France too).

If you have an idea ?

Thanks a lot !

• hi Nickhod,

and thanks for your fantastic software, amasing

I'm use the last builded git version, 1.01 and having some trouble with the great new feature with bing (no-tile downloaded -> transparency).

This feature is working great arround Belle ile en mer (in France) but not arround Saint Malo (in France too).

Hi jpx,

Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look over the next couple of days.

I look for a header in Bing results that should tell me if the tile is missing. Maybe it's not present in the data around St. Malo and I need to detect a solid black or white square instead.

• nickhod

Hi Nick,

is there a chance to download the sentinel-2 data with aeroscenery?

http://www.geodatenzentrum.de/geodaten/gdz_r…9&gdz_user_id=0

These data are free for noncommercial use and can be distributed with an appropriate credit.
    They offer new satellite images with a balanced color and only 3% cloud coverage.

Disadvantage is the resolution of 10m, which will give us only a basic imagery.

The link above shows the German part of sentinel, but I suppose it will cover whole Europe.

Regards

Rodeo

• Thank you for such a nice tool

Can you try to improve the water masking please. At least for ocean would be great. inland lakes would be bonus.

Ortho4XP has lots of sources. Specially for Norway it would be great if these options could be added.

An awesome tool. Makes the use of this sim much more enjoyable!

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Reunion imagery is not good, neither on Google, nor on Bing. It would be awesome to use here

Please consider to add the following sources

Arc: https://server.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/se…pServer?f=jsapi

Here:https://wego.here.com/?map=0,0,3,satellite

CH: map.geo.admin.ch

Sweden / Norway: http://map.eniro.no/

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Little issue

When you minimiz the AeroScenery tool while the geoconvert is running, the window cannot be brought back up. You will have to wait until the convert has finished.

• Little issue

When you minimiz the AeroScenery tool while the geoconvert is running, the window cannot be brought back up. You will have to wait until the convert has finished.

I never noticed that problem. I usually run 6 instances of geoconverter at once.

Ray