• Ja, die Modelle müssen konvertiert werden (tmc --> tmb) und einige Änderungen müssen noch per Hand vorgenommen werden (tmc, tmd, tps).

Ich werde jetzt nach und nach meine Modelle in den Download-Bereich stellen. Was mit den anderen wird, ist noch nicht ganz klar. Ich habe die anderen Modell-Ersteller kontaktiert und sie über die notwendigen Änderungen informiert.

Gruß

Arthur

• Here is the problem:

Ja, die Modelle müssen konvertiert werden (tmc --> tmb) und einige Änderungen müssen noch per Hand vorgenommen werden (tmc, tmd, tps).

Ich werde jetzt nach und nach meine Modelle in den Download-Bereich stellen. Was mit den anderen wird, ist noch nicht ganz klar. Ich habe die anderen Modell-Ersteller kontaktiert und sie über die notwendigen Änderungen informiert.

In English,

Yes, the models have to be converted (tmc -> tmb) and some changes have to be done manually (tmc, tmd, tps).

I will now gradually put my models in the download area. What will happen to the others is not yet clear. I contacted the other model creators and informed them about the necessary changes.

WHAT CHANGES? I have tried to build models to make relevant electric foamies that most new fliers want. I could not get effective instructions in English, and the translation from German was too hard to be clear.

Will there be any clear instructions posted for:

1. Add a new model to RC8

2. Change a model from RC7 to RC8

3. Modify an existing model?

4. Build a new model?

Rick Collins

Lots of stick-time on the sim and in the air. Love building foam board planes. Wish the tools were here to build for the SIM.

Edited once, last by iRick: Fixed autocorrect that made words incorrect. (July 14, 2019 at 5:28 PM).

• Official Post

Hi Rick,

I have some questions and some information for you.

At first, did you already build models like 'relevant electric foamies that most new fliers want' ? If so, which tool did you use?

To your questions:

1. Add a new model to RC8

Wherefrom do you get new models for the RC8?

2. Change a model from RC7 to RC8

Do you have own models for the RC7 which you would like to convert them?

If so, please send me one and I will make an example for you (with an English description what to do).

3. Modify an existing model?

For simple modifications you can use the model editor from the RC8, like in RC7.

Otherwise you must edit the <modelname>.tmd file using a text editor and make the changes.

4. Build a new model?

You need the

• General content converter ( to convert textures, sounds, and so on )

and

• 3D Modelling plugins for 3DS Max, Cinema 4D and AC3D

from the SDK Tools:

aerofly.com/community/filebase/index.php?file/2/

and one of the following modeling tools:

• Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 or 2016

• Maxon Cinema 4D Version 17

• AC3D Version 8 ( currently for airplane modelling only )

The output must be a <modelname>.tgi file. In addition you need the texture files you used for the painting of the models.

The content converter will make a <modelname>.tmb out of the tgi file and <name>.ttx files out of the texture files.

The <modelname>.tmc and <modelname>.tmd files you should take from a similar model of the original aircraft folder of the RC8 and make the necessary adjustments manually.

Hope this will help you for the moment.

Regards,

Arthur

• I have not successfully built anything in RC7.

1. no idea how to build, so I currently have nothing to add.

2. I added some models (which I found on the web - only a few worked) to RC7. I do not recall which ones I added.

3. Is there a "model editor" in RC8 on Mac? I never found it on RC7 Mac.

3a. What do the field names in the TMD file mean?

4. Gone way beyond what I am able to do by the looks of it.

<Edit>

There are a few more models, and some good progress since I was last complaining about a product I had not yet upgraded. Arthur, I applaud your effort to add models.

How could I help an effort to model some Flite Test foam board airplanes like the spitfire (I am building my second), or a foam board flying wing? (have built a few now). My mental focus is lacking due to long-term effects of serious concussions. The instructions for me to do a full build would be rather long. :(

</Edit>

Thanks. Best wishes on the future of this product

Lots of stick-time on the sim and in the air. Love building foam board planes. Wish the tools were here to build for the SIM.

Edited once, last by iRick: Much more realistic comment after re-reading posts of the past month. (August 18, 2019 at 8:11 PM).