VR: Some Odyssey Plus Settings To Test

• I've been playing with my odyssey plus for a while now, struggling for the balance of clarity and speed, and think I may have finally found it, but it would be interesting to see if it works for others.

These are my current steamVR and Aerofly settings: I would like others with an odyssey to try this, if they don't already have these settings, and report their findings!

[Blocked Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6783/gLEX85.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/328/5NAPjp.jpg]

Set this to taste, or as high as you can!!!

[Blocked Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/7569/RyD9an.jpg]

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I started diving into VR using the Odyssey+ just at the beginning of this week. I also got a high-end PC (i9-9900k, RTX 2080 ti) for it and in my opinion this is the best thing ever for flight simulation! It is soooo much closer to reality than flying on a monitor with TrackIR - it is amazing.

I used your settings and they work well for me. I haven't looked at my fps yet, but I don't think I am getting a constant 90, because sometimes I can notice a little un-smoothness. I don't care though... And I have all settings at ultra, shadows insane using Vulkan.

Regards

Martin

Regards,

Martin

• HiFlyer,

I think I still like 200,100 in Steam and 1.75 in AFS2 . My test is to read the "30" on the PFD in the Q400 ( while stopped ) and also the "INIT" on the FMS CDU without leaning ( head directly above the seat notch ). I wish we could try some post process "sharpening" and I wish we had some control over MSAA, etc. I get a little aliasing "twinkling". Does our Nvidia Control Panel (I have the 2070 ) settings have much effect on clarity with AFS2?

Still, I am pretty happy with the Odyssey+ and flight sims. Make sure you all have Apollo11 HD to celebrate the 50th anniversary this summer. It sure looks great on the Odyssey+

Dave W.

• HiFlyer,

I think I still like 200,100 in Steam and 1.75 in AFS2 . My test is to read the "30" on the PFD in the Q400 ( while stopped ) and also the "INIT" on the FMS CDU without leaning ( head directly above the seat notch ). I wish we could try some post process "sharpening" and I wish we had some control over MSAA, etc. I get a little aliasing "twinkling". Does our Nvidia Control Panel (I have the 2070 ) settings have much effect on clarity with AFS2?

Still, I am pretty happy with the Odyssey+ and flight sims. Make sure you all have Apollo11 HD to celebrate the 50th anniversary this summer. It sure looks great on the Odyssey+

Dave W.

I would say your settings are much better for instrument clarity/Readability but maybe a little rough on the frame rates over heavy scenery like New York or the Netherlands! I ended up dropping Aerofly ss settings to 1.50 and turning of shadows to keep the GPU frametimes out of the Orange with a slight stutter.

I use a tool called FpsVR (available on Steam) to monitor how the sim is doing with various settings, and yours pushes things quite close to the edge, on my machine.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Thank you for sharing.

After NLR motion platforms come alive, I'm testing settings for Odyssey+.  Can you share the other graphic settings?. I run in Vulcan with High Quality anti-alasing mode. In general, can you take screenshots and share graphic settings and graphics quality?. Does the cloud density affect VR performance?.

Currently, I test on a set with GTX 1080 ti with i7 8086k @ 5.0 GHz