Big VR-Problems, need Help please!

• Hello,

I own the Samsung Odyssey plus VR glasses. In terms of VR, I have no great idea.

To my problem;

At the first start, no matter which game, everything works well. But if, for example, AFFS2 ends in Steam and later wants to start again, this never works. Either I land in the Cliffhouse and just hear the sound as soon as I started AFFS2 on Steam. Or AFFS2 starts in Cliffhouse in a desktop interface. Or it happens that AFFS2 started in the Windows Virtual Reality application and I have no picture in my glasses.

I start the AFFS2 from which I own the Steam version as follows;

- Plug the USB plug of the glasses into the computer (graphics card is and always will be plugged into the PC), then the goggles will start working with Cliffhouse.

- Start Steam

-start AFFS2 by right-clicking on 'Aeroflight FS2 VR (SteamVR) in Steam VR mode'

As written, the first start everything works flawlessly. But as soon as I want to start the game a second time, it starts again from the beginning as described above.

I just do not know why it works the first time and in a new game start is nothing more. This happens in all games I have!

Can someone help me please, how I must start each game or also AFFS2 correctly? The best step by step.

I find it really very stupid that the starting order is described nowhere. Have searched the Internet for hours and synonymous in Youtube, forums, etc.

Probably I'm just doing something wrong, just what exactly?

Ask for Hile, I'm really slow!

Many thanks for your help!

Good luck

Werner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

Ich besitze die Samsung Odyssey plus VR-Brille. In Sachen VR habei ich keine grosse Ahnung.

Zu meinem Problem;

Beim ersten Start, egal von welchem Spiel, funktionert alles gut. Wenn ich aber zb. AFFS2 in Steam beende und später wieder starten will klappt das nie. Entweder ich lande im Cliffhouse und höre nur den Ton sobald ich AFFS2 über Steam gestartet habe. Oder AFFS2 startet im Cliffhouse in einer Desktopoberfläche. Oder es kommt auch vor, dass AFFS2 in der Windows Virtual Reality -Anwendung gestartet ist und ich aber in der Brille kein Bild habe.

Ich starte wie folgt den AFFS2 von welchem ich die Steamversion besitze;

- stecke den USB-Stecker der Brille in den Computer ein (Grafikkarte ist und bleibt immer schon im PC eingesteckt), dann geht auch gleich die Brille an mit Cliffhouse.

- starte Steam

-starte AFFS2 über Rechtsklick mit "Aeroflight FS2 VR (SteamVR) im Steam VR Modus starten"

Wie geschrieben, beim ersten Start klappt alles einwandfrei. Sobald ich aber das Spiel ein zweites mal starten will geht es wieder von vorne los wie oben beschrieben.

Ich weiss einfach nicht warum es das erste mal klappt und bei einem erneuten Spielstart geht nichts mehr. Das passiert in allen Spielen die ich habe!

Kann mir bitte jemand helfen, wie ich jedes Spiel oder auch AFFS2 korrekt starten muss? Am liebesten Schritt für Schritt.

Ich finde es wirklich sehr blöde, dass die Startreihenfolge nirgends beschrieben wird. Habe das im Internet schon stundenlang gesucht und auch in Youtube, Foren etc.

Warscheinlich mache ich einfach nur etwas falsch, nur was genau?

Bitte um Hile, ich verweifle wirklich langsam!

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe!

Froher Gruss

Werner

Froher Gruss :)

Para

• This sort of thing is apparently a problem of miscommunication between the clunky Microsoft software and SteamVR.

Your best bet is to never return to the Microsoft Cliff House after starting a game. Stay within the Steam environment (Steam dashboard) and always end a game by Hitting "Exit Game" Using the Steam dashboard.

Start new Games while still within the Steam Environment. (Use the Dashboard or Steam VR Home)

Ending a game while in the Microsoft cliff house means it just wont start again unless you go into task manager and end and restart the steamVR process.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I always start a game only with Steam with right-click.

As soon as I take the glasses in my hand but this Cliffhouse always starts anyway and then I'm in this house ....

I always end a game using the quit button of the game itself. Never close the game with Cliffhouse or the Steam application.

This Cliffhouse probably always makes the problem that it starts in the foreground and then I only stand in the Cliffhouse ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ein Spiel starte ich immer nur über Steam mit Rechtsklick.

Sobald ich die Brille in die Hand nehme startet aber dieses Cliffhouse sowieso immer und ich bin dann in diesem Haus....

Beenden tue ich ein Spiel immer über den beenden-Button vom Spiel selber. Nie über Cliffhouse oder die Steamanwendung mit Spiel schliessen.

Dieses Cliffhouse macht wohl immer das Problem, dass es im Vordergrund startet und ich stehe dann nur im Cliffhouse...

Para

• allow the Cliff House to start first then open Steam VR

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I'm also assuming you have windows mixed reality for Steam installed: https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Win…ty_for_SteamVR/

Devons rig

• My Odyssey HDMI & USB cable stay plugged in.

To play FS2:

1) I start Steam and go to My Library

2) I then start Windows Mixed Reality from a desktop icon

3) I then go back to Steam and the FS2 PLAY button has changed to PLAY IN VR and I click it

4) I then put on the Odyssey headset

5) When I'm done flying, I QUIT FS2 with the headset on

6) then I remove the headset

I can then change some scenery files and test them out by going back into FS2 at step 3) click the PLAY IN VR button

• Many thanks for your help!

It seems like I've gotten closer to my problem ...

When I start Steam and the interface appears where I can choose my games, Steam VR will start automatically.

Well, I tried yesterday for the first time;

- Start Steam

- start Steam-VR (the window with the glasses and the two handcontrollers appears green)

- plug in the USB cable (HDMI is already plugged in)

- Windows Mixed Reality Portal starts automatically with the glasses plugged in

- In Steam with right-click zb. Start AFFS2

running!

- Exit via the AFFS2

I have not tried restarting yet.

Now for the solution;

Whenever I open Steam, Steam VR automatically starts up as well.

That's what I discovered, because if I clicked on the top right again on the icon Steam VR (eg for a test) came an error message that Steam VR is already running! As far as good and normal ...

But if I start Steam at the very beginning, leave the window open, then double-click the Steam-VR icon on my desktop to start Steam-VR.

Starts also WMR portal or glasses.

Then I click on my desired game in the Steam list with right-click eg. 'Aeroflight FS2 VR (SteamVR) in Steam VR mode start' and it works fine! Then not the Cliffhouse but the game will be released!

I continue to test and try other approaches. Let's see what the best course is.

Anyway, thanks all the helpers with their tips and advice!

Good luck

Werner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe!

Es scheint, als ob ich meinem Problem etwas näher zugeflogen bin...

Wenn ich Steam starte und die Oberfläche erscheint wo ich meine Spiele auswählen kann, startet Steam-VR automatisch mit.

Nun habe ich gestern erstmalig versucht;

- Steam starten

- Steam-VR starten (das Fenster mit der Brille & den beiden Handcontrollern erscheint grün)

- Headset USB-Kabel reinstecken (HDMI ist schon eingesteckt)

- Windows Mixed Reality Portal startet automatisch mit einstecken der Brille mit

- In Steam mit Rechtsklick zb. AFFS2 starten

läuft!

- Beenden über das AFFS2

Das neustarten habe ich aber noch nicht ausprobiert.

Nun zur Lösung;

Immer wenn ich Steam geöffnet habe ist auch automatisch Steam-VR mit aufgestartet.

Das habe ich so entdeckt, weil wenn ich oben rechts nochmals auf das Icon Steam-VR geklickt habe (zb. für eine Prüfung) kam eine Fehlermeldung, dass Steam-VR schon läuft! Soweit so gut und auch normal...

Wenn ich aber ganz am Anfang erstmal Steam starte, das Fenster offen lasse, dann das Icon Steam-VR auf meinem Desktop doppelt anklicke um Steam-VR zu starten.

Startet ja auch gleich WMR-Portal bzw. die Brille auf.

Dann klicke ich auf mein gewünschtes Spiel in der Steam-Liste mit Rechtsklick zb. "Aeroflight FS2 VR (SteamVR) im Steam VR Modus starten" an und es läuft einwandfrei! Dann erscheint nämmlich nicht das Cliffhouse sondern das Spiel!

Ich probe weiter und versuche noch andere Herangehensweisen. Mal gucken, was das beste Vorgehen ist.

Jedenfalls danke allen Helfern mit Ihren Tipps und Ratschlägen!

Para