Inspirations for Google and Bing

• Everybody knows th shameless mess of Google and Bing-images. What i do and what you can do is, bring more harmony in your tiles with a "little" work in Photoshop, like this example:

Before:

after:

It's a "little" handpainting, setup lightning and selektive colorcorrection. Hope, you like it. :)

My next question: Do i have now the copyright on my own work in this case?

Or, as I sometimes do, i combine google and bing images into one tile.

• My next question: Do i have now the copyright on my own work in this case?

No, sadly not.

But I combine both sources as well for my Comores-Scenery. (Sadly cannot publish it as well.)

Combining two or more sources helps to eliminate Clouds for example.

But it is a lot of work to do, to get good results.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• But, you can legally share (maybe not here) your work for testing purposes. A request for testing to see if your work looks the same or different on a different pc setup is perfectly legal. Also to look for errors and omissions. (some call beta testing) :P

Regards,

Ray

• Could you post your work flow that led to these results? Which program and which tools you used? I tried some image corrections with Photoshop for one of my own sceneries but no matter what I do I just can't get the colors right. It looks better than before but by no means perfect. I played with saturation, color temperature, exchanging colors and so on but nothing really got me where I wanted to go

• I try, to do a tutorial. :) But, what can i say now: It's only made with Photoshop ( CS2 ) and Love! ;) In this case its a more complicated and i believe, i needed 10 hours of work for this Tile ( Record! ). ;(

• Ook, i try a little tutorial from my basics with google and bing. Hope, you like it! :)

First: ALL pics from Google and Bing are to dark! :(

I have for Google and Bing two different steps. Here, what you should do first with Google-images in Photoshop:

After this steps, the Googelimages are looking really beautifull! :)

The Bing-images needs more Contrast; setup only the contrast in Photoshop +25.

Now to the distortion in all Pics. It's a complex theme and you should have knowlegde abaut the basics in Photoshop. Here a example, what every guy can simple do:

In this case, we have an ugly border - overpaint it, like me:

We have many ways, to correcht all the different issues - in other case play partial with gamma correction, color-change, collor balance and all, what you have. You should made a referently image for all other images and then, you must have a good eye for colors.

Hope I could help a little. :)

• But, you can legally share (maybe not here) your work for testing purposes. A request for testing to see if your work looks the same or different on a different pc setup is perfectly legal. Also to look for errors and omissions. (some call beta testing) :P

Regards,

Ray

I still admit to being very nervous about using any of these image sources. It's the whole copyright question.. AND in terms of someone making their own modifications, I think it would be prudent to remember the concept of "creating derivative works". Not every business is friendly to that idea. Of course, all this is reminiscent of the P3D debacle. That endless debate on "not for entertainment purposes" that even Lockheed Martin seems to stay very silent upon when asked.

- Kenneth

• We have in Germany one "Sprichwort": "Wo kein Kläger - da kein Richter!" Für das, was Googe und Bing liefern, sollte man die auf KÖRPERVERLETZUNG verklagen!!! Seelische Grausamkeit!!! Ich habe JETZT psychische Probleme und sehe mich in meiner Freiheit zu fliegen eingeschränkt!!! :X In America: 10 Mio Dollars! :D For ME! ;D