Aerofly Life Project - Version 1.7 NOW AVAILABLE !

• ...but I did write some Maxscripts to assist in the population of vehicles. I will explain all of this in detail down the road a bit....

If it lends itself to Maxscripts then there will be other (semi/)automated workflows and I bet some of the coders on this forum are already chomping at the bit.

• Personally this is way higher up my wishlist than ATC. Great news and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts Jeff :thumbup:

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Rift CV1/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• In the early start of AFS2 it was clear to me that, bit by bit, this flightsim will grow in adding more and more functionalities.

A big step forward will now be the addition of 'living'(=moving) surroundings. I'm very curious to fly around soon in Sth Florida

in a more pleasant way than it is already now. And with the promise to extend to more(all?) scenery parts, it will be a joy to fly

around in VFR conditions almost as in real life.

Next great step will then the addition of AI, ATC and generating other weather-types. I believe in the future for a complete FS,

challenging the others on the market as the actual capabilities of P3D and XP, but with the advantage made by the 64bit as

startplatform that makes AFS2 a joy to fly so fluent around in high fps.

Congrats to the whole team for the continuous efforts made.

• Can't believe what I've been seeing (based on first post).

This must be one of Jeff's early April fool hoaxes :/

Living World surrounding in an aerfoly simulator: I am referring to 'cause I'm waiting for this since 2012 (the release of IPACS's first version), and this MUST be a hoax.

Well, we will see if this project still has some validity after the April 1st 2019 .

• Living World might be a stretch. I think it is going to be animated street and boat traffic. We can hope for some AI airplane traffic but that might be asking too much. I have no idea about the Easter Eggs. There was no hint about more boys and girls having an animated conversation or beach walkers like around the Fort in South Florida DLC.

Ray

• drhotwing1 - Tease us with another screenshot Jeff !

Screenshots won't do this justice :) Give me a little bit more time and i'll release my first version of this to everyone. I'm just about finished with my first part.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Greetings everyone,

even though I am still working on this project I wanted to give you something to play with in the mean time, so here it is !

To try this out you need to simply unzip the file into your … Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places folder.

This current package only has the following South Florida DLC airport locations active; Key West International, Key West NAS, Marathon, Tavernaero, and Ocean Reef Club.

Please keep in mind that this is only a 'proof of concept' demo so expect some bugs like floating vehicles in some locations (due to 'autoheight' being temperamental), not all roads have traffic (as this was done mostly manually currently) , and even though I have an internal working copy with the remaining airports going into Miami they won't be included in this first release as I have to still tweak them.

Also, very importantly you need to understand that this is a personal project at this time and it not an official IPACS feature release. It may turn into an official release down the road but for now it isn't. I also have to mention that this is what it is for now so I won't be changing too much in terms of volume, except for maybe a special new feature here and there. I may also move on to another DLC once I complete this one but please don't ask me to make special locations for you at this time. I will however be releasing a tutorial so that others can do this as the actual process is rather simple.

Well, without further ado, here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/…edJ9HW0m/view?usp=sharing

I hope you enjoy this taste of the future :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• drhotwing1

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly Life Project” to “Aerofly Life Project - 1.0 Demo Available”.