X-Rotors Leonardo AW 139 Helicopter maybe coming?

• Hey AFS Community,

Since the first thread regarding the matter was deleted due to a broken link, I try it without linking the reference. But I think these could be veery interesting news...

X-Rotors is a developer who released an AW 139 helicopter for X-Plane 11. According to a very short statement from X-Rotors on Twitter (you can easily find it via google) they are evaluating possibilities for porting it to AFS2! :)

Regards

Martin

Regards,

Martin

• That would an interesting development. Maybe X-Rotors can teach IPACS how to build those complex flat screens. The cockpit for the X-Plane version doesn't look like a good fit for AFS2 in its current release. But who knows? the shadow knows.

• It wasn't a broken link, I simply shared a picture of the original post rather than a link.....

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Superb video of the helicopter Ray; once again, your technical contribution of disclosure to this community is outstanding. It is really remarkable your effort and the quantity and graphic quality of flying machines that you dump in this forum. Congratulation for that enormous effort for the benefit of your fellow men.

Many thanks.

Kind ragards: Delfin

• This is indeed good news. A proper helo at long last.

Not necessarily. All the tweet said was X-Rotor was looking at the AFS2 SDK. That is quite a stretch to expecting them to port their XP11 model over to AFS2 anytime soon.

Ray

• Not necessarily. All the tweet said was X-Rotor was looking at the AFS2 SDK. That is quite a stretch to expecting them to port their XP11 model over to AFS2 anytime soon.

Ray

Ok, cause I was wondering how a mention about exploring the SDK had metamorphosed into discussion of a particular copter on being looked at! :/

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• How many 3rd party addons are now available for AFS2, in terms of aircraft? I thought it would’ve been much higher than what it is currently. I assume it’s a very long drawn out process and risky for devs in the long run. Probably much safer sticking to xp11 and P3D.

• How many 3rd party addons are now available for AFS2, in terms of aircraft? I thought it would’ve been much higher than what it is currently. I assume it’s a very long drawn out process and risky for devs in the long run. Probably much safer sticking to xp11 and P3D.

That depends on if your question confines itself solely to commercial third party aircraft . On the other hand, there are now tons of free aircraft .

Devons rig

• Ok, cause I was wondering how a mention about exploring the SDK had metamorphosed into discussion of a particular copter on being looked at! :/

Well, because that is the helicopter that X-Rotors developed. Maybe I am wrong, but on their website I only see that particular one... Of course that doesn't say it will actually happen, I think of it more like a 50/50 chance but nevertheless it's already good to see more developers get interested in the Sim.

Regards,

Martin

• Free aircraft? Any helo’s?

I mistakenly purchased AFS2 (long ago) on the logic that there would’ve been at least one decent, military, helo to fly, along with the military fixed wing, so was gutted when going through the list there were none. Disbelief more than anything. Oh well, lack of due diligence on my part.

• Can everyone please give that tweet by x-rotors some likes, so that they feel our love. It only got 3 likes! We need to really get behind these developers that show an interest in aerofly fs2.

X-Rotors (xrotors) Tweeted:

Started studying @2Aerofly #SDK #porting #evaluation #helisim https://twitter.com/xrotors/status/1106193622490337280?s=17

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

Edited 2 times, last by cgerada (March 28, 2019 at 8:46 AM).