Problems with AF2 Graphics and software on MAC with macOS Mojave

• I recently got a new iMAC

• Retina 5K, 27-inch
    • I7 with 4,2GHZ
    • 32GB RAM
    • Radeon Pro 580 with 8GB RAM
    • SSD hard drive
    • macOS Mojave 10.14.3

and made a fresh installation of Aerofly 2 (v 2.04.11.01) from the APP store.

As the new iMAC is much more capable than my old one (i5, 32GB RAM, graphic card with just 2GB RAM, solid HD drive), I had the sliders all at maximum.

Since then I encounter difficulties with the AF2 software, even with the quality sliders reduced:

• sudden freeze of AF2 (especially with the Lear)
    • blurrs
    • red screens
    • all in all more unstable than before
    • crashes to desktop

Anyone with similar experiences?

Any cures?

Cheers & happy landings

• thank you for the advice.

actually I have never before installed drivers on a MAC.

I just know this necessity back then from my Windows experience.

..but I will try to figure out how this works and get back to you all, if I came across a solution

Cheers & thanks

• I really like the app; but I have similar experience on an iMac Pro (8 core, 32GB, Vega 56).

Lots of crashes, video tearing (even when FPS is a solid 60), stuttering, etc.

Video drivers for Mac are provided by Apple - if the OS is up to date (mine is) then so is the video driver.

I found setting the graphics to 75% or less and ‘High’ quality (or lower) helps stability; but it sill dies quite often.

When it crashes send the report to Apple, hopefully these crash reports will be analysed by the developers and fixes will eventually appear (fingers crossed).

I’ve been a software developer for a very long time and worked on Mac apps in the past. If you want assistance with more in depth testing or capturing log files (if the app supports it) let me know.

• thank you very much!

I checked the forums yesterday and came to the same conclusion. Drivers under Apple OS can only be updated thru OS updates.

My system is up to date.

So I will try to reduce the settings (what a pity!!)

And I will follow your advice and send the logs to apple

• We tested Aerofly FS 2 on Mac OS with MacBook Pro's and iMac's and didn't observe those issues.

Do you have any steps to reproduce this problem? Also ensure no other program is running besides Aerofly FS.

Also, even though you have the latest iMac's try reducing the quality settings. Running an iMac with High settings and 100% fullscreen quality is a real overkill. We recommend to set settings to medium and the fullscreen quality to 75%. Do the issues still show up then?

What do you exactly mean by 'blurrs' and 'red screens'?

• I have the same problem as desribet above with my iMac 2017 with internal rx 555 and external rx 580 GPU. Terrible tearing while constant 60 fps is in my opinion esespecially strange.

• I have not yet found any consistent way to trigger a crash. I have uploaded a number of crash reports to Apple, hopefully they may give some clues.

When I first stared using the app, I found that changing the plane to the Jungmeister during a flight would crash always when returning to the flight. However this stopped after I changed the quality settings and has not happened again. I’ll see if I can reproduce this.

The tearing of the display happens most often if the plane is changing direction quickly e.g. in a sharp turn. Even though the FPS display hovers between 59 and 61, it seems the code can’t keep up with the large changes in the terrain rendering somehow.

• I can reproduce a crash with the Jungmeister aircraft almost every time with the following steps.

- Graphics settings - Fullscreen, 75%, Lens flare either off or on.

- Graphics quality - High, Medium or Low (have not tried Ultra)

- Location - Palo Alto 32L on the ground

- Aircraft - F4U Corsair

- Take off and fly for a few seconds.

- Exit back to the menu, and change aircraft to Jungmeister

- Click Start to resume flying - CRASH!!!

• I have found this page, but there is only patch for main.mcf file in Windows file structure. I am MAC user and I can not find location of this file. Even system searching utility can not find it.

It's here:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨yourusername ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨com.aerofly.aerofly-fs-2-mac⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ Aerofly FS 2