About the engines on the Baron

• Pardon me for asking the most cliche type of question in any type of Aerofly forum... But I continue to believe that the Beechcraft Baron would be the best aircraft in the game if the engines were modeled more accurately.

This would include:

-Mixture levers control fuel/air mixture in the engines.

-Functioning magneto switches.

-Fixing the issue where if a prop is feathered the power from both engines reduced to idle for NO apparent reason. (Makes it hard to practice engine out procedures)

Please take this lightly but I have a hard time understanding how this aircraft can be modeled so beautifully and accurately with practically every system within the aircraft being functional,

But we are left with the unfortunate lapse in realism by having engines that are constantly running.

I can understand not modeling the engine start systems in jets and turboprops, but you already have more than one piston powered aircraft with a modeled engine start system. So, why not the Baron?

Thanks!

• Already ahead of you there, just be patient for the next update...

Can't wait for that next update. I sometimes envy people who enjoy this sim while hanging in the air behind the plane and simply moving their joystick up and down... That really can't satisfy me. During the last month I fired up AFS2 twice (apart from a few short traffic and freeware plane test flights). I need depth badly. Good to hear you are working on that. Pity we always have to wait until the next big update. I'd prefer small incremental ones. If you are done working on a plane, let us have it! But that's my simple thinking. ;) I understand certain changes probably are related to each other and cover more planes so you want to have them all done somehow but still... If I am not mistaken the last major update was from July last year. The R22 has been released last November. Sigh... I am beginning to wonder if the next update will be here sooner than Deadstick or not...! ;)

Edited once, last by J van E (March 22, 2019 at 7:42 PM).

• I suspect the improvements are related to work supporting JustFlight on the Duchess, so let’s hope we have 2 twin engined GA planes with good system depth soon.

• It seems it is best for us to push out bigger updates every couple of months. A lot of the upcoming aircraft system I added I programmed in my free time or when they were gaps at work that allowed me to continue and I collected them all over a period of several months and now I think they should be "finished". And by finished I mean at least stable and not super buggy, though not complete but a good first step. Not to mention the other great stuff I worked on full time but you'll have to wait a bit longer until we reveal that.

A big batch of my code was just merged into the our internal tmd developer executable, that's pretty good but not yet the final release version. Not sure when that will be merged... but yeah one of the things is the baron getting engines that you can turn off.

• It seems it is best for us to push out bigger updates every couple of months. A lot of the upcoming aircraft system I added I programmed in my free time or when they were gaps at work that allowed me to continue and I collected them all over a period of several months and now I think they should be "finished". And by finished I mean at least stable and not super buggy, though not complete but a good first step. Not to mention the other great stuff I worked on full time but you'll have to wait a bit longer until we reveal that.

A big batch of my code was just merged into the our internal tmd developer executable, that's pretty good but not yet the final release version. Not sure when that will be merged... but yeah one of the things is the baron getting engines that you can turn off.

Hello. Arriving late to the party, will these updates also include engine system updates for the A320 as well?

Thanks

Balazs

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf

• The A320 uses different engines (turbofans) which cannot be shut down yet. So no, not with the next update anyways. Shutting down turbofan engines is high up on the to-do list though, which means that, fingers crossed, the A320, B737, B747 and Learjet 45 will get their full engine simulation with shutdown and restart soon.

A lot of the systems that depend on the engines have already been added. That means as soon as the A320 for example gets the new engines that can be shut down it will be able to reach cold and dark status. And so does the Learjet.

• The A320 uses different engines (turbofans) which cannot be shut down yet. So no, not with the next update anyways. Shutting down turbofan engines is high up on the to-do list though, which means that, fingers crossed, the A320, B737, B747 and Learjet 45 will get their full engine simulation with shutdown and restart soon.

A lot of the systems that depend on the engines have already been added. That means as soon as the A320 for example gets the new engines that can be shut down it will be able to reach cold and dark status. And so does the Learjet.

I understand, thank you for the info!

Balazs

Best Regards

Balazs

Ryzen 2700X, HyperX 32GB, 2060 Super 8GB, win10/ubuntu19

Saitek X52 HOTAS, Logitech G920 pedals

freetrack/opentrack
    X-Plane 11, DCS modules: A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, Mirage 2000C, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf