Turbo Arrow soon on Aerofly FS2

• Dear Friends,

Today I want to show you something what I think, is really exciting

Please do me the favor and read the text below the first picture, it's importat to me!

So, what am I talking about? Have a look :)

Yes, here is the very first GNS 530 in Aerofly FS2!

This incredible work is done by IPACS, in particular, as you might imagine already, by Jan ( Jet-Pack (IPACS) ). The whole system is built into the sim, so no slowing external dll's are used and the GNS can be build in any other aircraft in the future.

Now, I really want to point out that IPACS has done this huge project as support towards JustFlight. My special thanks goes to Marc for making it possible and of course to Jan for the great work! Thank you very much!

Of course, not all functions of the real GNS are working yet (you wouldn't believe how complex it actually is), but here are some examples what we have (not complete, just to give an idea):

Default NAV page:

Map page:

Terrain page:

Default NAV page menu

DirectTo:

Flight plan page

Nearest airport

Nearest VOR

Vertical navigation page

Best Regards,

Kai

• Give it to me for the long weekend starting tomorrow!

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Holy cow! That look's GREAT!!! Revolutionary for AFS2! Can you actually EDIT things too in that GNS or only look at those screens?

I do suppose this plane is compatible with the new 'AFS2-systems' (introduced by the beta)? Unlike the now broken Duchess (which hasn't had an update (not even a word about it) since day one...)? (I know that plane was made by another team but still... ;) )

• That is a very popular GPS device used for navigation in all sorts of general aviation aircraft.

Well, yes, rather high-end general aviation aircraft, then, because it used to be pretty expensive.

It's more than a GPS, it's a GNS => Global Navigation System.

Nowadays they're quite outdated, there are far superior devices on the market, but in real-life aviation you fly aircraft as they are, not as you wish they were, and it's not uncommon to rent an air-travel-dedicated aircraft that is still equipped with GNS430 or 530.

The real interesting perspective in having such a device in our sim is practicing, because "intuitive" and "erogonomic" are probably the worst-suited qualifiers for those Garmin devices.

One of the aircraft in my club has a GNS430 (similar to 530, but smaller screen). I practiced a lot in the sim some 10 years ago to get familiar with all the deep maze of menus, the counter-intuitive knobs usage (darn ! I clicked instead of turning, or turned the wrong ring, and now I lost it all...)

I flew a couple of years using the GNS - especially when it was not needed, to practice - but my iPad with navigation application quickly became far superior and more convenient than the GNS, and I progressively stopped using more than the COM part of the GNS.

After a few years I tried in-flight using again that GNS just to see if I still could, but got lost in menus and continuously miss-used the counter-intuitive knobs, pressing when I was supposed to turn, or turning the wrong ring of the knob... I quickly stopped it to keep concentrating on my flight.

A simulator is the right place to practice, provided that the model is accurate. The great thing with the RealityXP gauge is it was using the official trainer from Garmin, thus exact model. The bad thing is it was an external gauge.

Let's see how IPACS's one is modelled...

PS: for that reason, connecting my navigation app on iPad to the sim is an absolute must-have to me, to safely test and explore menus or new features/releases, or find out the best way of using functions in-flight, and then be fluent when flying for real...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited 4 times, last by Trespassers (May 28, 2019 at 1:33 PM).

• Was the Garmin 530 in FSX? I could never get it to do what I wanted.

Oh yes ! first there was a "basic" GNS very much resembling the 530, but with only partial menus. It was internal to FS (no dll), with automatic data import from navigation planner, thus much more user-friendly than the real thing.

Then came the RealityXP GNS430 and 530 series, that were using in background the corresponding official GNS simulator from Garmin, thus with exact true-to-life menus and functions, but outdated database.

Database could however easily get updated with official Garmin airacs, but unless the owner is very much relying on it, airacs are seldom up-to-date in real life aircraft because it's high maintenance...

As far as I can remember, it used to work for FS9 and FSX, but the dll link however got broken when leaving FSX for P3D, or even the Steam edition of FSX, and Reality XP was totally unresponsive to support.

Eventually came JustFlight with several nice GNS gauges, not only the 430/530, I think most people are using them. I stopped howver practicing the GNS 430 and therefore didn't care purchasing the gauge...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

Don't expect a full fidelity recreation of the real world device but it can do quite a lot. Direct to, flight plan editing with adding waypoints or removing them, plenty of nearest lists, simple airport diagrams, maps and more.

It works together with the default navigation route of Aerofly, so if you screwed up you can always fix it by going to the menu and change the flight plan there and it is in sync of what you see in the cockpit.

The usage of the device is not very ergonomic, that is true and I managed to replicate that.... so yay?

The benefits of creating our own implementation is obviously that we can use both, the cockpit and the aerofly menus, to change the flight plan. We use the exact same database, so even if we change our databases it won't create a conflict. And when a user creates more airports these airports will also show up in the GPS device and all of the (M)CDU devices that we also added.

Plus we can just change something internally in our navigation without having to worry about breaking any of the just flight aircraft, which is great.

• Don't expect a full fidelity recreation of the real world device but it can do quite a lot. Direct to, flight plan editing with adding waypoints or removing them, plenty of nearest lists, simple airport diagrams, maps and more.

It works together with the default navigation route of Aerofly, so if you screwed up you can always fix it by going to the menu and change the flight plan there and it is in sync of what you see in the cockpit.

The usage of the device is not very ergonomic, that is true and I managed to replicate that.... so yay?

The benefits of creating our own implementation is obviously that we can use both, the cockpit and the aerofly menus, to change the flight plan. We use the exact same database, so even if we change our databases it won't create a conflict. And when a user creates more airports these airports will also show up in the GPS device and all of the (M)CDU devices that we also added.

Plus we can just change something internally in our navigation without having to worry about breaking any of the just flight aircraft, which is great.

Amen and YAY to all you said! ;) The link to the nav menu is great indeed and also that it is AFS2-native! (I'm so happy I left the other sims behind with their complicated setup and linking of add ons... well, I do miss the weather, of course. ;) ) Direct to: nice, hope to see that in the Q400 sometime soon too (simply deleting a waypoint isn't exactly the same thing, I found out ;) ! But for now I am really looking forward to this Arrow: nothing beats a Piper for GA imho. Give me a Piper and a Q400 and I have all the planes I need: great to know my wishes will come true soon! ;) (And as I said, gimme weather and I'll be in heaven. ;) )

EDIT

Pardon the abundance of ;)

• That's something I have been waiting for for a long time, and it looks great so far. Hope it will come with a good aeroflyFS-specific manual. A complete examplary flight like we have some of them in the Wiki would be great.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Official Post

Will the GNS 530 be made available on the default Cessna too?

We don't know yet. We would like to keep the current panel for now and we can't promise that the GPS device will be added to some of our default aircraft. This hasn't been decided yet. We'll see if it is received well from the JustFlight customers.

• Hi Guys,

Even it's today not my work what I have been showing; thank you for all the kind comments. Lately I have been spending nights long to get the plane slowly ready. With your feedback all over the time I feel that it's worthwhile. :)

I do suppose this plane is compatible with the new 'AFS2-systems' (introduced by the beta)? Unlike the now broken Duchess (which hasn't had an update (not even a word about it) since day one...)? (I know that plane was made by another team but still... ;) )

Yes, absolutely. I have been running it now all the time in alpha and beta. Luckily I haven't found a single problem.

That's something I have been waiting for for a long time, and it looks great so far. Hope it will come with a good aeroflyFS-specific manual. A complete examplary flight like we have some of them in the Wiki would be great.

Kind regards, Michael

Danke, Michael. Of course it will come with a proper manual.

Wann kommen die Just Flight Flugzeuge auf Steam?

Zum release der Arrow kann ich immer noch nichts genaues sagen. Meine to-do Liste ist inzwischen ziemlich klein geworden, dann hängt es noch davon ab, was die Tester finden.

Ich frage die Woche mal nach, wann die JustFlight Produkte generell auf Steam verfügbar sein sollen. Interessiert mich selbst.

Since I have been asked a few times regarding the release date already. I can't say more than it shouldn't take long anymore. My to-do list got pretty small meanwhile, but I want that you get a plane what is really ready. So, my big goal is to deliver it so that you can enjoy it from day one on.

Kai

• We don't know yet. We would like to keep the current panel for now and we can't promise that the GPS device will be added to some of our default aircraft. This hasn't been decided yet. We'll see if it is received well from the JustFlight customers.

Thank for the answer.

I really wish you decide to add it to some of the default aircraft.

If it depends on customer acceptance, i think you may start adding it... :D :D

I will definitely buy it :D

Nuno Felix