Turbo Arrow soon on Aerofly FS2

• We don't know yet. We would like to keep the current panel for now and we can't promise that the GPS device will be added to some of our default aircraft. This hasn't been decided yet. We'll see if it is received well from the JustFlight customers.

Hi Jan,

I sincerely applaud this positive development. Well done.

However, I respectfully suggest that your proposed approach to feedback might be worth re-considering.

Here's where I am coming from. To wait for feedback on the GNS instrument from the customers of an addon, will limit the feedback to those who buy that addon. It will not give you feedback from AFS2 users who have no interest in that particular addon.

Allow me to use myself as an illustration. I am a fan of AFS2, and an even bigger fan of JustFlight. BUT I did not buy the JustFlight Duchess because the aircraft itself does not appeal to me. Had you put the GNS in the Duchess, I would not be able to give feedback on it because I was not a customer of the Duchess.

In comparison, putting the GNS into an existing default aircraft will potentially open up the doors to feedback from all existing purchasers of AFS2. This would provide the possibility for greater feedback on the GNS, and also make it easier to tweak things (if needed) in the development of the instrument without implicating JustFlight if something does need to be changed.

I hope this makes sense. It is not a criticism, rather a different perspective on the proposed approach to feedback.

Keep up the positive development on these core features of AFS2. It is a very evident step in the right direction.

Regards

Kenneth

• I could be wrong, but when I hear that it might not come to default craft, I think it's a way to differentiate from payware craft and make those offerings more desirable, which is fine.

Of course in the real world, within months people will find a way to add it to default planes anyway, so.....

Bleh.

Simmers are like that.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Official Post

I'm not ruling out adding it to the default aircraft, in fact I would be for adding it to numerous default aircraft but consider the people that want the cockpit with the current set of instruments we can't just take that away. So we would have to look into ways to provide both and that takes time to develop as well.

Anyway this thread is not here to discuss the future plans of IPACS and I'm glad that you're all very excited about the interactive GPS.

I'm sure we will see several other users include this to their aircraft or a modified dr400.

• You should also consider that a working GPS in a default aircraft also helps advertising Aerofly as a "serious" simulator which some people still don't seem to believe despite its achievements and brilliant flight physics. The moving map looks a little arcady to my taste and does not have a representation in the real world, while all other avionics are modeled to represent their real world counterpart. Maybe just add it to the Cessna and provide two options in the aircraft selection screen, C172 with GNS and C172 with standard moving map.

I also don't think that implementing the GNS makes the aircraft less accessible to casual or new players. If you create the flight plan in the Aerofly navigation menu you'll see it on the default GNS page and if you don't need to change something you don't even have to touch the GNS controls at all. In FSX and P3D I "followed the magenta line" for years without knowing anything about how the unit really works until I got more involved in the complexities of general aviation and tried to make sense of the different functions, which later led to me buying the Reality XP GNS 530 Addon and a hardware GNS unit for my homecockpit. But even if you just want to fly a route without worrying about real navigation the GNS lets you do that by just providing the path that you need to follow.

• Maybe just add it to the Cessna and provide two options in the aircraft selection screen, C172 with GNS and C172 with standard moving map.

I also don't think that implementing the GNS makes the aircraft less accessible to casual or new players.

Why no use the R22 "pro" or non pro checkbox?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Why no use the R22 "pro" or non pro checkbox?

For some reason IPACS doesn't seem fond of that approach. Another use of that area is cold'n'dark start but they didn't want to do that for the Duchess.

• Well, no need for the checkbox, you can have 2 versions of the C172 in the library, just like we did for Jan's mod...

Adding the GNS to the DR400 is a good idea (even if it's a rather high standard compared to other instruments of that version). The fact is, it is not as easy as in FS where you just assign and place gauges in a panel.cfg file.

For AFS2, you have to design the 3D model of the GNS frame with screen, knobs and buttons, integrate them to the panel of the 3D model then trial and error to rename all parts in order to match the objects and definitions used for the Arrow.

Eventually, pick the code from the Arrow TMD file and trial and error to adapt it to the DR400.

Without technical information and dedicated tools you're just working blind...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I think it is helpful for the success of outside developers if a pay add-on has a (at least temporary) sweetener. The big issue is the progression of the program and anything that moves more pay add-ons helps the FS series to thrive against the competition.

It is brilliant seeing instrument panel features being introduced, I don’t need more scenery for a while and seeing opening cargo doors and the like does not enhance the simulation of controlling an aeroplane in flight.

I remember the introduction of light aircraft area navigation and looked at the G.A. Decca navigator with awe, it only cost $1,500/£1,100 and could store ten programable waypoints providing they were in the Decca coverage area. Loran was available in America for longer. They became available at affordable prices only because the speed of electronic computation increased and fell in price. My new-to-me Garmin 55 AVD gave me new problems, a runway from 15 miles out and precisely lined up became a thin perfect rectangle near the horizon, hard to identify!

Can the Aerofly GPS unit be made to accept lat’ and long’ inputs please.

• Official Post

Can the Aerofly GPS unit be made to accept lat’ and long’ inputs please.

Not yet but you can enter any other waypoint that is in the database by name.

And you could go back to the location dialog and then add a custom waypoint and drag that around until your coordinates are correct.

Not sure why you need this?

• Kai, The wait is long, in addition to these heat waves that we have had in recent weeks, I can not wait any longer ...;(||:P:P8)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4