Question regarding sounds

• I am really enjoying AF2, but one of the most lacking parts of the sim are the sounds of the airplanes, especially in the airline department. Those are really 'generic' and are far from the real life counterpart, except some planes like the C172 or the Q400.

I know I might be spoiled of P3D/X-Plane payware add-ons, but sounds are one of the most important aspects to me, to get an 'immersive' experience.

Are there any plans to improve this, and bring them to the quality of the Q400 for example?

Thanks!

• There are plans to do improve the sound, yes. But right now it is not being worked on actively, just the occasional addition like the gear sound in the A320 or more wind sounds in the Learjet. By the way the learjet is actually pretty close to the real world sounds as well, at least if we compare our cockpit recordings to what the simulator reproduces.

Regards,

Jan

• I too would love to see the sound engine reworked at which time it fits in the development schedule.

What is present now is functional with overall good sound samples. But, without a true 3D positional stereo sound image and the ability to balance engine/cockpit/ATC/enviromental audio to our liking, those of us with more discerning ears, who love this aspect of flight sims, will need to be content with what we have.

neucoas there are other threads that have discussed this topic that might be to your interest if you do a quick search. There is also a 3rd party sound sample package that I use that is pretty good, just dont recall what it was. Anyone recall?

Thanks to IPACS however for these small occassional sound updates like the wind noise or gear sounds as those are noticed and appreciated!

• there was a payware sound pack released for several of the planes. It's out there somewhere.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• blacksmoke55 made the audio upgrade pack

Ray

Aaron Swindle owns Skysong and has been making excellent addon sound packs for many years.

Ray

http://skysongsoundworks.com/ Aerofly FS2 Sound Upgrade is the number 1 seller.

Ray