Pipercub released for public download

• Hi all,

Thank you so much for that lovely Cub!

There's an issue only a Cub pilot knows : for balance reasons, you always fly the Cub from the rear seat, never from the front seat *

The front seat is the passenger or instructor seat, and you teach your pax (or ask your instructor) to move sideways during landing phase so that you can see the runway and read your airspeed over his/her shoulder.

Unfortunately, the guy in the front seat of this lovely Cub won't budge and even with my TrackIR I cannot get a glimpse at the airspeed indicator over his square shoulders...

Hope someone can fix it and move him to the pilot seat.

Congratulations for the great work, I love this aircraft.

Cheers

Antoine

*except for very lightweight pilot having a much heavier pax, then they may swap positions and fly from the front seat, but that's not the standard case.

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 4.00GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• You are probably thinking about the J-3 Cub. Yes, rear seat solo only, but

not this model, PA-11. You need to read the text. This model you can solo from the front seat. The reason this was designed was to give better visibility. The way it was done was the engine was mounted slightly lower, the fuel tank was moved from between the engine and the firewall to the root of the left wing, the seats were moved aft slightly, and the windscreen was slanted more. Overall this shifted the CG so single pilot could fly from the front seat.

They also added for the first time the smooth engine cowling to cover up the jugs sticking out on both side, like the J-3.

It is possible to fly solo from the rear seat if you like but, it is certainly not necessary in the PA-11.

Regards,

Ray

• You need to read the text.

Definitely! (RTFM rules as usual)

Sorry for missing that, thanks for pointing it to me...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 4.00GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.