Brewster B339 Buffalo and Spitfire Mk1a Project

• Yah, I was pretty sure Jet-Pac did those, and when I saw him beta testing for Just Flight I made the assumption (my fault) that he was going to have to do it for them as well. Problem is, the situation is kind of tenuous. Should Jan ever become unavailable for whatever reason (school, etc) , it seems right now, any hopes of third party aircraft development would come to a screeching halt, or at the very least be seriously crippled.

It should not be this hard, it and if it has to be, there should be robust tools to mitigate the difficulty!

As I said, Just Flight did it on their own and their two independent teams figured it out themselves. I only gave a few explanations along the way and as long as I have the time to do so I'll help any other developer. Also kryzk seems to have created quite a number of aircraft and I didn't set up a single landing gear for him. So it is not impossible. Not easy, but doable, even without tools.

• As I said, Just Flight did it on their own and their two independent teams figured it out themselves. I only gave a few explanations along the way and as long as I have the time to do so I'll help any other developer. Also kryzk seems to have created quite a number of aircraft and I didn't set up a single landing gear for him. So it is not impossible. Not easy, but doable, even without tools.

Yup, but with this very subject in mind I've been watching Kryzks planes very carefully the last few months, and note that he keeps his landing gears extremely simple, and tends strongly towards birds with fixed gear.

Even so, his planes can kind of bounce around disconcertingly on the runway and do other odd things upon contact to the ground, and I speculate that he has undercarriage issues as well. That's not a complaint though. Keeping the difficulties in mind, I'm ecstatic that his stuff works so well.

His years long devotion to Aerofly and determination to press on through all barriers makes him a bit unique, however.

Matts plight seems more the norm, and the same thing lost us the planes of Dino Cattaneo and also the many planes of Lionheart, which would have had third party aircraft for Aerofly on the scene much earlier if they too had not faltered at the altar of the undercarriage.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited 3 times, last by HiFlyer (August 5, 2019 at 10:36 PM).