Any military buffs here? ID aircraft?

• Hello Gang,

I am going to try to populate the old Homestead AFB in south Dade County, Florida in the South Florida dlc. Can you help me identify the various aircraft parked on the south ramp,? This was probably 5 -10 years ago when the image was snapped.

Regards,

Ray

• Hey people, long while since I posted, I thought I locked my self out of the forum, but it seems like I am still logged in on the cellphone :)

E: Locheed C-130 type of aircraft, seems like a military cargo-supply-plane paratrooper /gunship ?

A: DHC-300 Twin Otter (Could not.. be King Air, because of the high wing design)

C: F18 Hornet ?

D: BAE Hawk? Harrier or F-5/T-38

B : Orion P3 ?

Hope this helps, :)

Kind Regards

Rune-ENHD

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

Edited 3 times, last by Rune-ENHD: Ray, I edited it a bit.. ( Just to rule out errors) (April 5, 2019 at 5:50 PM).

• Have good day Ray! It was quite fun, ^^

CPU: Intel i7-975 Extreme Edition @3.33Ghz (unclocked) | RAM: 14GB DDR3 | MAINBOARD: Ausus P6T Deluxe V2 | GRAPHICS CARD: Nvida Titan GTX 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM, Servicepack-1 |  STORAGE: WD Black 750 GB 7200rpm HDD, V-Raptor 300 GB 10.000rpm HDD

USB HID-DEVICES: CH Yoke, CH pedals, Saitek radio-panel, Saitek Switch panel | MONITOR LCD: 32" inch Philips 2560x1440p

SOFTWARE: Aerofly FS2: Florida DLC, New York DLC, ORBX DLC | FSX-Accecelration | LM Prepar3D V2 & V3

• Cool, glad I could Help! :thumbup:8)

• Hi Ray.

A = De Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter

B = Fokker F27 (C-31)

Both the above have been used by the US Army parachute team "The Golden Knights", and the yellow markings in the pictured examples may just suggest that too.

C = F-18 Hornet

D = Dornier Alpha Jet, as used by "Top Aces"

E =C-130 Hercules. However, look at the little "blisters" on each side of the rear fuselage. This might suggest it is not a standard weather version, maybe a modified one, or special ops?

Hope this helps.

- Kenneth

• A Boeing Neo

B Cessna

C Cessna

D Boeing Neo

E Cessna

Ah... that was for the news papers. 8o

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• I concur with Kenneth:

E: definitely C130, I can't tell what version. It has two side bumps at the rear, but none of the guns of the spectre apparently. same as one below.

C: F18 hornet, certain, Top row is definitely single seaters (A or C) bottom row seems to be double seaters, at least on the top end that you zoomed (look at the shadows), so B or D. Definitely no E or F versions it would be visible.

D: I like alphajets, not sure myself, but it seems to be. I can't find alphajets in the US military, but the silhouette looks at least very similar. Definitely not an F5 - T38. Maybe BAE Hawks, however the vertical tail trailing edge is in the middle of the horizontal tail, and the shadow doesn't seem to show that, although it's not clear. I can't find Hawks in US military either (doesn't mean it wasn't there, just not obvious), Hawks are more plausible in US military than Alphajets though due to origin.

B: Definitely not P3 Orions, they're quadrimotors, this one has only 2, I can't identify beyond that. Fokker C31 definitely a strong possibility.

A: Very likely specially modified UV-18C (DHC-6 Model 400) for the Golden Knights, 2 of the 3 delivered? Version A went to Alaska and B to Air Force academy.

[Blocked Image: http://air-and-space.com/20120920%20EDW/_BL30683%20C-130H%2092-1536%20Wyoming%20ANG%20right%20front%20take-off%20l.jpg]

• Wow. So much knowledge coming out. The Navy T-45 trainer is a hawk Bae Hawk with a new paint job externally. Very different inside, of course, with a tail hook but from the air would be the same.

Thanks.

Ray