FSRecorder - Formation Flying

• Hi Everyone!

First and foremost thanks to the IPACS team for the continuous work you do. I know drhotwing1 (IPACS) has been working on some land/sea traffic, and I am really looking to what that is bringing to the sim.

I just wanted to ask if anyone remembers FSRecorder back from the Microsoft Flight Sim days (I've linked a video below if you haven't heard of it)? I would always use this for formation flying. I wonder if someone could implement this software into Aerofly? The program works independently from any type of AI traffic ,so it wouldn't rely on traffic in Aerofly, just the user's recording. My understanding and skills of software/programming/etc is far from anything beneficial, so I am likely missing a major part of what it takes to implement. I just wanted to throw that out there as that was a neat program back in the day that seemed relatively simple, and functioned as a 3rd party add-on.

Again, thanks to the IPACS team, and thanks to all the awesome developers that contribute their time to this sim!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Happy Flying! :)

• Oh yes, I remember ! i used it not only for formation flying, but I recorded many GA circuits flights around my favorite airports and airfields, and play these back as a air and ground traffic... It was for me the better way to had realistic life with some traffic around !

For sure I would like that one day, a similar recorder/player for a second airplane in Aerfofly fs2... but I imagine it is not in the plans, at least in the near futur...

Greetings