Texturing with gmax -> modelconverterX -> AFFS2

• Hi together,

I have a little Problem with the texturing. I know, gmax is very old and working not very good in the win10 environment. But I am used to it and AC3D is a bit limited in functionality. I used the UVW Mapping for putting the right part of the bitmap onto the different parts. After exporting the mdl I import it into ModelConverterX and have wrong texture placement. Of cause, after creating the scenery it looks like MCX in AFFS2.

I guess, I need to use a different style to texture the tent.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• P3D same as AFFS2 but now the burner: XP11 displays it correctly after export of modelconverterx

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Grüß dich Kai,

flipping is not the problem.

The problem is, that in MCX, AFFS2 and P3D the textures are not placed correctly onto the surface concerning the size and position. In gmax and in XP (through MCX) it does.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• MCX renders pretty much the same way as P3D, so what you see there you will see in the sim as well. I don't know anything about Xplane, so I don't know how textures are handeld.

I would still recommend to give it a try with vertically flipped textures. Just to be sure.

Kai

• Both Fsx and P3D need the textures flipped vertically prior to exporting as Kai suggested, FS2 does not need this unless it is done in secret by the converter. Unfortunately we can look at TTX files so it doesn't help us much to work out why things don't go as planned

Steve

• Well, I can try. (As soon as I am back home.)

But what I don't understand: There should be "Leki" only once on the tent and no wooden part. The wood is for the tables. In MCX you can see the name three times on the tent. Just logically flipping the dds would not do the trick, I am guessing. It looks like he is doing also something with the sizing?

The source bitmap contains of three areas: One for the tent, just one time the word LEKI. One part for the wooden table surface and one green part for the legs.

As soon as it display correctly in MCX it should be ok for all of the three sims.

Ok, it is again a situation to quote a famous German footballer Loddar Matthäus:

"Again what learned." (He tried to say: Again, something learned)

I do not need to count on logic here I guess. The flipping of the dds file in deed, do the trick. What I don't understand: IF I would really liked to have the flipped textures displayed on the objects, How could I do it without getting strange results. Well... at least I would have expected a little different outcome if the flipping would be intentional.

However: It is working (in all three Sims) and a big thank you to the community. :)

Ah! It IS logical. It is because of the roof! The same parts getting textured with the LEKI because they are behind each other. :D :D :D

Now I can see, that the dds was displaying correctly but the wrong direction.

My world is back in shape. :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4: