Dark and cold start with the R22

• Official Post

If we add a cold and dark option it will probably be used for all aircraft or at least those that support it and it will be possible to select that from the user interface in some clever way. Until that feature is added we will always have the engines running so that you can take off again right away.

Specifically the R22 does not have an editable tmd file that you could use. All other aircraft have editable tmd files in the aircraft directory that would allow to start with a cold and dark aircraft. But because that is not the official way of doing that yet you will have issues like when you switch to your aircraft in the middle of the flight, it might be loaded cold and dark, because we assume that the tmd loads a running aircraft.

Give us some time to add this feature, we first need to add more engines that can be shut down to our fleet. Then we can talk about loading them cold, maybe in a turn around state or cold and dark.

• I don't know if it's the official procedure of the real R22, but you can turn it off completely, and then start it from "cold and dark" (no power, no elec)

I've done it. When I do that, I have an ALT light on that I don't know how to get rid off (or what it means) other than stopping FS2 and changing aircraft. I think that is the only difference I get.

• I don't know if it's the official procedure of the real R22, but you can turn it off completely, and then start it from "cold and dark" (no power, no elec)

I've done it. When I do that, I have an ALT light on that I don't know how to get rid off (or what it means) other than stopping FS2 and changing aircraft. I think that is the only difference I get.

After some time the clutch light should go out and then you can increase rpm, which will then spin the alternator faster and should charge the battery again and the light should go out?

• Thanks Jan, I'll check. I spun it up, took off (so full throttle) and even after a while (maybe 2-3 mn) the light seemed to stay on. I didn't specifically try beyond that or further, but next time I'll pay more attention. I also was going to try to find a manual to know what is what more precisely. Incidentally Robinson is down the street from me, so if push came to shove, I probably could get some kind of info from them.

BTW if you get a minute some time, I'd like to help make more of the F18 system work. There are switches that are active (can be toggled) but they don't produce any result, Also I'd like to develop some system maybe (nav, radar, etc..).

• Official Post

BTW if you get a minute some time, I'd like to help make more of the F18 system work. There are switches that are active (can be toggled) but they don't produce any result, Also I'd like to develop some system maybe (nav, radar, etc..).

That is a whole different topic but yes we consider adding more stuff to do in the fighters.

• Thanks Jan, I'll check. I spun it up, took off (so full throttle) and even after a while (maybe 2-3 mn) the light seemed to stay on. I didn't specifically try beyond that or further, but next time I'll pay more attention. I also was going to try to find a manual to know what is what more precisely. Incidentally Robinson is down the street from me, so if push came to shove, I probably could get some kind of info from them.

That shouldn't be necessary with that (Of course, not everything is simulated, but the main thing is there):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows 10 Pro 64|P3Dv4|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

• You're welcome...8)

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows 10 Pro 64|P3Dv4|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|