• Hey all,

Been a while since I have been here. Some of you may know that I have been working on a Cessna style cockpit using 3 monitors. I have it working on a different sim pretty well. I like the graphics (with the exception of clouds), and performance of FS2 better though.

I tired for a while to get FS2 working with it, but did not have much luck, especially lining up the front and side windows properly. I am now using a new larger main monitor, and may have more luck, but have not tried yet.

I see that AirManager supports FS2, that is a must. Another must is Pilot2ATC. After getting the bugs out, I don't think I can fly without it any longer.

Anyone have any experience with Pilot2ATC that might have an idea to make it work?

One thing I was thinking was maybe running the other sim in the background, with the lowest settings possible so it does not hit the FPS much, use it for position data at least, then run FS2 for the actual flight. Not sure if it will work, but an idea.

Brainstormers needed to help me figure something out. :)

Here is one of the latest videos of the sim, I am pretty much done with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9rCg8HhEI&t=1060s

Andrew

• The SimInnovations Wiki says that Air Manager works with AFS2 as of version 3.4. I have not tried it yet however.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php…Aerofly_FS_2.3F

Sure enough. And not one peep out of IPACS. Strange indeed. I'm off the see if mine works. I have had it turned off since flying in AFS2 Thanks.

Ray

• I was following Airmanager support for AeroflyFS2 and you'll find several postings of mine in their forum on the subject. The reason was, I don't think AeroflyFS2 will ever during my lifetime support my Saitek Flight Instrument Panels, thus I thought having gauges on e.g. a tablet on my hardware panel might be an alternative.

However, as far as I understood, while they do support AeroflyFS2 as such, none of their panels (either Community or Premium) is acutally usable with AeroflyFS2, as the latter doesn't provide enough variables over the interface.

I'll be gladly be proven wrong, though, as I already bought Airmanager in expectation of working tablet panels for AeroflyFS2.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hello Michael,

Good to hear from you. I have been anxiously awaiting Air Manager support from IPACS, but, like you, I feel like we are just pi$$ing in the wind. I have Air Manager ver 3.4 on my iPad but, haven't heard anything from the IPACS side. I just sent a PM asking for help.

Ray

• Well, that would be a real bummer. Like I said, I have not tried it yet. I was pretty excited to see that SimInnovations said it was supported. If it is not supported, no need to figure out a way to do Pilot2ATC. :(

Michael, I found some of your posts on their forum. Nice simulator you have there!

• That statement in their Wiki has been there for quite some time, I think for more than half a year. There was a longer thread on the topic which you can find here

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtop…=aerofly#p10587

(~August 2018). The statement about lack of variables by Ralph, a developer, which I referred to is here:

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewtop…=aerofly#p10585

(might need login).

Edit: I would still be excited to see AeroflyFS2 supported.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• When I looked a little deeper on the iPad ver 3.4, in the drill down selections under Settings/Air Manager/manual flight simulator > FS2 is not one of the choices and something has to be checked. XP, FSX, or P3D. duh.

Ray

• Does anyone know if it is still the case that Air Manager doesn't work with FS2? I have been trying the PC demo version of Air Manager 3.6 with FS2. It does mention FS2 on the plugin installer and you can select Aerofly FS2 on the manual connect settings but Air Manager never sees FS2. On the same system X-Plane and FSX work OK and FS2 is not blocked in the firewall. Any info would be appreciated.

• Thats a shame. Though not a deal breaker having Air Manager support was one of the features that attracted me to FS2. Having worked in the software industry it seems all that is needed is for a couple of engineers from both sides to get together and come up with an ICD which can be implemented in both products. That said I am also aware how difficult it is to get management approval and funding for work. Don't suppose IPACS would be amenable to 'crowd funding'?

• FS2 is not cockpit builder friendly, full stop

Thats not correct - they are cockpit builder friendly, as long they are commercial

https://vrm-switzerland.ch

Based on AFS2 😉

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I believe VRM are, a Virtual cockpit with a motion platform

What I am referring to is a physical sim, with hardware switches, knobs, real seats etc. To this end FS2 are not cockpit builder friendly, having built many real physical sims I would be very happy if FS2 would support this

• As you say not cockpit builder friendly but...

I have just downloaded the SDK tools and there is an example of an external DLL that suggests you can get the data out of FS2. Before Air Manager I coded my own basic OpenGL glass cockpit for X-Plane using the UDP output feature. This displayed the primary flight instruments on a separate networked PC. I plan to try and use the external DLL interface to do the same for FS2 - assuming this system does work! I assume VRM must be using this feature to drive their hardware. Anyone had any use of the SDK for simulation output?

• VRM is Hardware, driven by AFS2.

Stick, Collective, Pedals, Seat and the motion platform. The have a H125, R22 and the SH09. Too bad that they don't give us the H125. The screens however are VR ;)

The DLL works for the VRM platform ...

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz