• I am not using the mobile version of AF2 anymore as my ipads are pretty old and so have low performance and my new tablet is a surface go and so is on windows 10 rather than ios or android.

I have done some instrument flying on the mobile app but found only one approach that could be done due to not being able to adjust VOR radial.

I also have a desktop with an 8700k at 5GHz and a GTX1080 that I use for VR so would be looking at the desktop version. Shame IPACS don't do a demo so I can compare to xplane.

If you buy AFS2 on Steam you can use it for max 2 hours (within 2 weeks) and if you don't like it you can ask for a refund, no questions asked. There's your demo. ;) Steam's refund option is awesome: I've used it numerous times and it never failed me.

• I am not using the mobile version of AF2 anymore as my ipads are pretty old and so have low performance and my new tablet is a surface go and so is on windows 10 rather than ios or android.

I have done some instrument flying on the mobile app but found only one approach that could be done due to not being able to adjust VOR radial.

I also have a desktop with an 8700k at 5GHz and a GTX1080 that I use for VR so would be looking at the desktop version. Shame IPACS don't do a demo so I can compare to xplane.

If you're planning to use VR go for Aerofly. There's nothing that even remotely comes close when it comes to performance. In Xplane and Prepar3d you'll have to play with settings and tweaks when you're flying in a densely populated area, and even then you'll probably end up with low fps and stutter even on high end systems. With your pc specs you'll be able to max out all settings in Aerofly and still get fantastic VR performance. And Aerofly will probably be the only simulator that can keep up good performance with the next generation of VR headsets.