THROUGH THE LENSES - PIMAX 8K vs PIMAX 5K+ vs Odyssey +

• The question of the ages? :whistling:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Pimax 5k+ looks like a clear winner, and also has the wider field of view. The drawback is the drain on the GPU, I'd love to hear if anyone has tried it with anything other than a top-end GPU on AFS2. With new headsets coming out soon, the compromise is going to be between clarity and field of view. The likes of HP reverb and Acer Ojo ConceptD will offer much better clarity for reading gauges, but not much improvement in field of view. A larger field of view is better for immersion and I suspect will make the world of difference when flying the R22. Valve Index is still a bit of a mystery. Rumous say that it will have a resolution of 1440 X 1600 with a 135 degree field of view, but this would make the clarity awful, far worse than the original rift, so does not make sense. Just have to wait and see.

• Pimax 8K Through the lenses view... using a GoPro camera.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.