Just Flights Duchess Ready for the Aerofly Skies!

• Meanwhile, how about an early look at the new tutorial flight. I am working up some early look details so you can fly it this weekend. Final routing, altitudes, etc may vary in the final form but this should be 95% accurate.

See a new post, I'm afraid this one could be locked any minute.

Regards,

Ray

Early Look at new JF Duchess 76 Tutorial Flight - California

Enjoy,

Ray

• Another tip for a better view. I seriously wonder why the Duchess doesn't have a regular copilot view. The one you get now has an odd angle and a weird effect when you look around. Besides, it's the third view because a radiostack view is second. So I (obviously) changed this. When I load the plane I have the regular pilot view and when I press 2 for the next view I get a regular copilot view. The radiostack view which I never use has become the third view. The new copilot view is the exact same as the pilot view but then in the right seat. I prefer that by far. Makes it easier to see and do things on the right (and to look out of the window whenever I want to).

To get this done open the duchess76.tmd (after creating a backup of course) and replace these second and third camera view settings:

...with this:

Enjoy your new views!

Oh, and btw if you also can't stand that ugly pilot which you see in the copilot view, change this:

Code
    <[uint32][ShowInside][CameraCoPilot CameraRearSeatAhead CameraWingView CameraFuselageView CameraGearView]>

...to this:

Code
    <[uint32][ShowInside][0]> // CameraCoPilot CameraRearSeatAhead CameraWingView CameraFuselageView CameraGearView

...and the pilot is gone from the 5 mentioned views. (Instead of adding [0] you could also remove the views you don't want that guy to be in but I never quite like the look of the pilot in the inside views...)

Edited 2 times, last by J van E (April 27, 2019 at 5:11 PM).

• I have to say editing tmd's can be fun ;) specially with the developer mode enabled so you can reload the plane quickly. I just managed to change the states of the Duchess so the Avionics Master and Weather Radar are off in cold and dark (but on in any other state!). I also turned the Pitot heat and Autopilot (the master button, not the AP itself) to on for all states apart from the cold and dark one. I usually cruise in AP mode so it's nice to have AP available instantly whenever I want to resume a flight. Little things like this make life easier. ;) (Although a handy interface for all these changes would be a lot easier LOL)

Because these changes require changes in all four available 'state files' I won't post them here, it would get too complicated, but it isn't too hard to figure out and get done so I just post this here to encourage you to set the plane up to your own liking! ;) Obviously it would be great if the developer would set things up the right way but until then it may be nice to know you can do it yourself too. Besides, everyone may have their own preferences when it comes to states so editing tmd's will probably always stay part of my AFS2 experience.

• Take any 10 users and you will get 10 different preferred setups. I personally think the views, the switch settings, the configuration, etc. is a good balance. Those desiring custom setups can change these in the Duchess without having to do it again every time there is an IPACS update. Only JF updates would override custom changes.

Ray

• Take any 10 users and you will get 10 different preferred setups.

True! ;) Most of my changes are very personal preferences. I do think the avionics really should be off though in the cold and dark state. ;)

BTW I always document all my changes so whenever there is an update of the Duchess I will have things back to how I like them within a minute. ;) I think it's a good habit for everyone who likes to fool around with the tmd's to document every change they make.

Edited once, last by J van E (April 28, 2019 at 3:16 PM).

• Maravilhoso! Aproveito a oportunidade para perguntar se você poderia fazer a pintura da Varig old collors para o maravilhoso Boeing 747-400 ... Eu amo essa aeronave!

Abraço.