Just Flights Duchess Ready for the Aerofly Skies!

• With the NDA released we are told to expect it Tomorrow 4/16/19

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

Edited once, last by HiFlyer (April 18, 2019 at 1:48 AM).

• Oh my! I am sooooooo looking forward to find out which systems are being simulated, if it has cold and dark, how it resumes a flight, if it has fuel flow, things like that...! Can't wait!

• Great news! Looking forward to the reviews before I purchase.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

• Will this addon be available on steam?

As far as I know it will be available from the Just Flight website

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• More detail and available to buy soon here:

https://www.justflight.com/product/duches…76-aerofly-fs-2

Kind regards, Michael

• Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off' :thumbup:That's a first !!
    • Authentic sound set from Turbine Sound Studios. .. Let's see if it feels like a step forward, I think Jan would have told us if so
  • The description on the JF site reads like a near fully functional aircraft!

Yep! At first I thought they simply copied the information from the P3D version to the page of the AFS2 version but because that information is still on the site I am beginning to wonder it may all be true... Just imagine, a fully working plane in AFS2...! I can't really believe it. Seeing is believing in this case. ;)

• Yep! At first I thought they simply copied the information from the P3D version to the page of the AFS2 version but because that information is still on the site I am beginning to wonder it may all be true... Just imagine, a fully working plane in AFS2...! I can't really believe it. Seeing is believing in this case. ;)

The Man from Delmonte is nervously hopeful. Will he say yes?

• Awesome! Looking forward to the first reviews! :) (I probably won't be able to buy and test it myself until tomorrow evening...)

• The text review will be available in about a week, but, I can tell you now that it will be highly recommended.

Both VR and conventional users should be delighted with several new features never before seen in AFS2.

Comprehensive flight and performance manuals and a flight tutorial. You might need to make some personal scenery for the sample flight unless Orbx gets their UK scenery out.

Regards,

Ray

• The text review will be available in about a week, but, I can tell you now that it will be highly recommended.

Both VR and conventional users should be delighted with several new features never before seen in AFS2.

Comprehensive flight and performance manuals and a flight tutorial. You might need to make some personal scenery for the sample flight unless Orbx gets their UK scenery out.

Regards,

Ray

Great to hear! Very curious what those never before seen features are! A bit odd (very odd, actually) though that they included a sample flight for which there is no AFS2 scenery by default... I suppose that flight is a straight copy from the FSX/P3D version. Anyway, if you feel like sharing some more info about new features... be my guest. ;)

Quick question: are the manuals for download somewhere? Or are they included in the zip (?) you download after purchase? Or are they only available when you install the plane? I am asking this because I might buy the plane where I am right now and download it just for the manuals: that way I will have some basic knowledge before I get home and actually install it. If you can only access them when you install the plane I won't bother buying it now already.

Edited once, last by J van E (April 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM).

• Great to hear! Very curious what those never before seen features are! A bit odd (very odd, actually) though that they included a sample flight for which there is no AFS2 scenery by default... I suppose that flight is a straight copy from the FSX/P3D version. Anyway, if you feel like sharing some more info about new features... be my guest. ;)

Quick question: are the manuals for download somewhere? Or are they included in the zip (?) you download after purchase? Or are they only available when you install the plane? I am asking this because I might buy the plane where I am right now and download it just for the manuals: that way I will have some basic knowledge before I get home and actually install it. If you can only access them when you install the plane I won't bother buying it now already.

Well I'm still at work but you persuaded me to do the same. If it wasn't PayPal I might have left it until later, but no excuse.

Anyway I now have an install EXE so I'm going to have to wait until later to install it and access those manuals.

• Great to hear! Very curious what those never before seen features are! A bit odd (very odd, actually) though that they included a sample flight for which there is no AFS2 scenery by default... I suppose that flight is a straight copy from the FSX/P3D version. Anyway, if you feel like sharing some more info about new features... be my guest. ;)

J van E,

You have to use the installer to see the two manuals. The manuals are edited for AFS2 versions of FSX versions. One covers everything to do with installing and a very good overview of the Duchess with photo details and descriptions. The other smaller manual is all charts and graphs for performance calculations and monitoring. The first manual is 70+ pages pdf, the charts and graphs manual is more like 20+ pages pdf.

I’m guessing the AFS2 Duchess will receive incremental updates to add or refine features. These will be free updates to improve navigation and other smaller additions or fixes.

Regards,

Ray