Tobbi Eyes Tracker bug since yesterday's beta update

• Hello !

is it me or since yesterday beta channel update, Tobii Eyes Tracker stop working ?

More, I see now a strange behaviour of the mouse (as if it zooms in and out the view )

And last, what are these strange green circles which appear around some button clicking action ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

• Ah, so that's why those circles disappeared... Releasing that beta around the release of the Duchess was a bit unfortunate. After installing the Duchess TrackIR stopped working and I had those odd green circles... Took me quite some time to get TrackIR working again (opt out of beta), thinking the Duchess was to blame.

Anyway, I seriously hope those green circles won't be added to the full PC game...!!! That would be really awfull.

• Ok thx, but why some « mobile » version features are there suddenly added in non mobile version ?

That is why Tobii eye tracker doesn’t work anymore ? Curious

Aerofly is a modern simulation that works on multiple platforms and with that I mean the exact same code is powering the PC, Mac, iOS and Android version, there are only slight differences where it depends on the hardware and drivers.

That means that even on the mobile version you get all the desktop version's features and because we recently added these green rings to aerofly (base version) they are currently still visible in the desktop beta. We have yet added the code to hide them on desktop which may be a small oversight or even intentional for some external beta testers.

Don't worry I am pretty sure they will be gone as we move forward.

• For sure Ian, but I was since more than one year on beta without problems. And since two weeks I had to come back to normal channel.... which is a bit frustrating because normally betas offer more optimised features... and now my Tobii Eyes tracker is not usable...

Let’s hope the « connection » with Tobii and - if I read some others collegues - with some other headsets - will be quickly solved.

Greetings

• For sure Ian, but I was since more than one year on beta without problems. And since two weeks I had to come back to normal channel.... which is a bit frustrating because normally betas offer more optimised features... and now my Tobii Eyes tracker is not usable...

Let’s hope the « connection » with Tobii and - if I read some others collegues - with some other headsets - will be quickly solved.

Greetings

Beta channel is meant for individuals that accept that there could be bugs in the build and that are willing to identify and mention them to us. We don't recommend the mass public to be in beta.

We always do the best we can to test any build that we release to the public but at times we miss things that need to be fixed.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff