• Before I start I want to say that I'm so happy with this simulator. It is truly impressive what the developers have done to create such a beautiful simulator. Now to the small glitch. In the 747, I have noticed that while preforming a flight controls check using the eicas, the eicas indicates the elevators reversed; when I push down on the yoke, the eicas indicates the elevators deflecting up, and when I pull up on the yoke, it indicates the elevators deflecting down. Like I said, it's a very small glitch, but I would love to see it fixed because its the subtle details that make this simulator amazing.

• I can easily flip the sign on that one, no problem.

Are you a real world 747 pilot or do you have any other references from the real world for us that show the elevators on the display moving up as you pull?

The operating manual that I have in front of me does not depict the direction the surfaces should move. I mean the current direction is counter intuitive, so I'll flip it anyway, just need confirmation that that is correct from a real source and not from an add-on for a different simulator.

Regards,

Jan

• Hello Jan, thanks for the reply. I am not a real world 747, however, this video here shows a control check on a 747 using the eicas. It's a little hard to see, but at minute 1:25 the captain begins to push forward on the control column, the camera man zooms in on the lower eicas in which the elevators are indicated to be moving down.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In this manual (http://landrover.narod.ru/gershon/AIRPLA…ions_manual.pdf) in chapter 9.10.13 shows surface position indication of the flight controls on the eicas. It states the eicas indicates the surface postition of left and right outboard elevators, meaning if the elevators deflect up, the eicas would indicate upward deflection, and vice versa.