Aerofly FS2 - Just Flight Duchess Review and Test Flight

• So for those who don't have it yet, take a look!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I don't understand why Justflight claims that their MP/RPM sound bug is a sim limitation since it clearly works very nicely e.g. with the default Baron.

And contrary to the reviewers opinion, IRL the engine sound doesn't really change when reducing/increasing MP (with the props still in the governing range)

• Oh my... I am going to finish watching this video out if interest but could someone tell this guy to CHANGE THE ZOOM to something more realistic?! This view is HORRIBLE! Terrible fish eye lense effect all the time, it gives me a headache. Look how distorted everything looks...! People who don't know Aerofly FS 2 might be put off by this...! :huh:

• He likes the route approach guidance! Good choice picking Netherlands, he didn’t notice the rivers and lakes full of crude oil.

Aerofly does a lot of things really well, it did start off on a high with the excellent Robin and other piston singles, the F-18 and the gliders in Switzerland. The current piston twin engine sound is not great, the extreme noise and vibration from unsynchronised props on take off should be a most prominent feature and setting up the climb power and adjusting the in real life very loud propeller beat with the blue levers to synchronise the engines 100% should be the most attention grabbing feature of the first thousand feet of the climb. If FS2 doesn’t get that in the end it will be a very pale simulation of a twin. Getting things right is of course an Aerofly strong point.

I’m sure this is being worked on.

A complex twin flight or two out of Stuttgart would give a good impression.

• The current piston twin engine sound is not great, the extreme noise and vibration from unsynchronised props on take off should be a most prominent feature and setting up the climb power and adjusting the in real life very loud propeller beat with the blue levers to synchronise the engines 100% should be the most attention grabbing feature of the first thousand feet of the climb. If FS2 doesn’t get that in the end it will be a very pale simulation of a twin.

Interesting observation. I have the impression that the Baron engine/prop sound is really good, much better and more realistic than anything in FSX/P3D.

• There is a faint suggestion of it in the Baron but it should be SCREAMING. At typically 400 feet the throttles and props are pulled back, the mixture set with fuel flow if available and one blue lever is moved to synchronise. If the beat frequency increases move the other way and make small movements to fine tune the synchronisation. After a bit of practice it becomes straightforward. It is repeated with every rpm adjustment.

If you have been in a twin you will never forget the actually incredible racket!

Here is a YouTube example, most of the sound is off the intercom but the beat from the unsynchronised props with the blacks, blues and reds fully forward can be heard in the headset microphone background. A Baron or Aztec are much more powerful and much louder. Time 5:00 is good.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded (April 26, 2019 at 4:34 PM).