So you think you are good at finding differences

• Try this one or maybe these two. Find the differences between the top panel and the bottom panel. Two looks to help you find all the differences. Some are very obvious, others might require an eagle's eye. The outright winner does get a valued prize.

Regards,

Ray

• Looks like some detailing has been lost, mostly. The only addition seems to be the registration tag?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Most obvious difference is the different color of the panel: unfortunately it seems to be a layer that almost covers all detail, as HiFlyer posted already, so all screws are almost gone, all stickers, NAV 2 above the clock, the numbers above the Avionics bus switches, the shadows, the wear and tear... Specially the loss of shadows and wear and tear is enough to not make me use this livery. ;) Anyway, if I count all those screws I'll get over 18 differences easily. 8o

1. color of panel

2. totally new attitude indicator

3. left button on yoke

4. right button on yoke

5. color of the thing that keeps the yoke in the panel (no idea how to call or describe it ;) )

6. registration

7. 'idle' below throttle

8. 'feather' below prop

9. 'lean' below mixture

10. 'metal plate' on the right

11. low voltage light button ('press' is gone)

12. 'NAV 2' above the clock

13. colors on the fuel quantity gauges has been made new

14. colors on the fuel pressure gauges has been made new

15. colors on the oil pressure gauges has been made new

16. colors on the oil temperature gauges has been made new

17. colors on the cylinder temperature gauges has been made new

18. colors on the alternator load gauges has been made new

19. stickers/tape are almost all removed (you can still see them though: everything has just been painted grey)

20. most screwed are almost removed (you can still see them though: everything has just been painted grey)

21. number above WX Radar button (you can still see it though: everything has just been painted grey)

22. can't see it but I suppose the number above the Radio master button is gone too ;)

Numbers 13 to 18 could be called as 1 difference but hey, I also could have seperated them in left and right, making the total number of differences 28 LOL

• J van E,

Good Job. It is all in how you count the changes, I counted your7,8,9 as one - TPM placard. Yes, all the engine and fuel gauges have the faded light blue replaced with the original green bands like new from the factory 50 years ago.

Sure, some people like the bandaids stuck all around the instruments and counting screw heads, other prefer a cleaner panel. To each his own.

I guess I fall in the middle, I like realistic, but, not trashy. I do like the overhauled primary altimeter as compared to the yellowed one from years and years of sitting in the sun on a ramp and I prefer the nice, clean green and yellow bands on the gauges.

You missed the blue radial. I don't know why the JF model does not have it. I think it is required for all twins with wing mounted engines. It was one of the first changes that I noticed. 8o But, that may only apply to planes based in the USA.

Thanks for playing.

Regards,

Ray

• You missed the blue radial.

I think I still miss it LOL What blue radial...?

I may not be a real huge fan of bandaids in real life ;) but what I like about JF's cockpit is that it is a 100% copy of the real world plane. I prefer a real world copy of the real deal over anything, no matter how bad or ugly it may look. (And in this case I am happy to say it doesn't look bad or ugly at all!) To each his own indeed. It's great how things like these can be edited!

• You missed the blue radial. I don't know why the JF model does not have it. I think it is required for all twins with wing mounted engines.

That's incorrect. This applies only to twins with a 'fixed' VYSE, which means very light twins.

To stay on topic, the top panel looks way too 'flat' and 2D like. No subtle shadows etc.

The AH seems to be identical, just uses different colors.