Hello Houston, the Turkey has landed

• Looks amazing, excellent work guys. One question, does this have to go into C: drive or can it be located in the same drive as the sim is installed?

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• One question, does this have to go into C: drive

If you already installed other user sceneries into your user_scenery folder,

you can also save the turkey scenery there.

Just split up the folder into /places and /images and install as usual.

The new method with the addon folder is intended to save you from these two steps and keep it all in one place.

Cheers, Thomas

• GregDude Turn your Terrain Image Quality to Ultra. The Ortho image used for Power Plant was only converted to level 15, meaning you wont see it with even High settings.. The Marina should be visible with Medium settings and higher.

That was it thanks!

I can't believe I've been running at lower resolution. I'm going to look around Florida and Netherlands again now. I had been whinging to myself about the low resolution terrain for low flight. Perhaps I've been missing out.

EDIT: While this fixed this specific imagery, the existing Florida and Netherlands terrain appeared the same.

Edited once, last by GregDude (May 5, 2019 at 12:44 PM).

• That was it thanks!

I can't believe I've been running at lower resolution. I'm going to look around Florida and Netherlands again now. I had been whinging to myself about the low resolution terrain for low flight. Perhaps I've been missing out.

EDIT: While this fixed this specific imagery, the existing Florida and Netherlands terrain appeared the same.

This is probably because the standard resolution of most photoreal terrain is 1 m/Pixel which is roughly equivalent to Aerofly Level 14 resolution. The developers stated that their Turkey Point scenery was created at Level 15 which roughly equals 0.5 m. If you increase the resolution by two, the file size will be quadrupled because it's an area. Now look at the file size of your Netherlands and Florida imagine you'd need four times the disk space. Level 15 is normally reserved for small areas where people are likely to fly low, but it's not really feasible for all scenery unless you have a huge hard drive. Also, most of the orthoimagery freely available by the USGS is at 1 m / Pixel resolution, with small areas at a better resolution. Higher quality source images are usually only available from commercial vendors and very expensive, so noone could afford to buy the Addon anymore if the developers wanted to make a profit from it.