We need your help! New ALPHA build coming soon

• Greetings fellow flight simmers,

Very shortly we will be publishing a new ALPHA build to Steam that we need your help with testing for us.

Please keep in mind that this is an alpha build that could potentially have some issues, so we ask only those that wish to test this build and report any issues that you see in it to THIS THREAD ONLY.

This alpha build is mostly major internal code changes so please don't expect any new features in it. If you do wish to test this for us you will need to opt into the ALPHA build specifically posted in Steam.

If you do decide to test this please check carefully the following areas;

- basic checks: all aircraft gear, flaps, controllability
    - starting positions: correct placement for runways, helipads, approaches ?
    - scenery: object placement correct ?
    any flying / missing objects ?
    - autopilot / autoflight system
    - aircraft displays
    - flight school
    - view control
    - vr: steam and oculus
    - vr: controller, cockpit interaction
    no g effects / view wobble in vr

We thank you for your continued support while we work to improve the future of Aerofly!

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• First test, with VR hands :

- For the most of the planes, no problem noticed

- R22 : do not launch (return to the Cessna 172 standard)

- King air C9, Dash-8, A320, 737, 747: Only impossible to move the throttle (and only the throttle) with hands when my two joyskicts (X52 and Cesna Yoke) are connected (no issue like that if one of the joystick is desable)

- Marganski Swift S1 : problem with elevator when use the virtual stick with VR hands

• Marganski Swift S1 : problem with elevator when use the virtual stick with VR hands

What kind of problem?

Very good first impression... And with this Alpha, we have some basic "cold and dark" Baron and C90GTX...and much more working switches (at first sight). Thank you ! I'll test it all the weekend !

Greetings

There is a bunch more in this update, stay tuned for the full feature log.

• Not good for me at all! As soon as the first screen arrives, and then within the sim itself, everything twists and turns like a distortion in a funhouse mirror as I turn my head in various directions. 8|

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Not good for me at all! As soon as the first screen arrives, and then within the sim itself, everything twists and turns like a distortion in a funhouse mirror as I turn my head in various directions. 8|

Yes we know about this issue and will work on resolving it soon.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

Please try switching to Open GL and make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers. Also check that aerofly is running on the correct graphics card, I had some strange issues on my laptop until I noticed that it switched to the graphics chip on the CPU and wasn't actually using the GPU.

• Please try switching to Open GL and make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers. Also check that aerofly is running on the correct graphics card, I had some strange issues on my laptop until I noticed that it switched to the graphics chip on the CPU and wasn't actually using the GPU.

It works in Open GL......

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard