We need your help! New ALPHA build coming soon

• There are still a couple of minor bugs in the new feature set currently on alpha. I can add the change log shortly once the features are cleaned up a bit. I will also add the new features to the wiki once we move the build into beta.

Very exciting. I've been too busy to try the alpha but get the feeling there's lots of good stuff in here.

• The R22 pilot is no longer shown in pilot camera view (as of the update this afternoon (2pm EDT) )

i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 16Gb DDR4 | Samsung SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 256GB | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on GP102-A GPU | Oculus CV1 | Windows 10

• Very exciting. I've been too busy to try the alpha but get the feeling there's lots of good stuff in here.

Don't think so, unless you consider 'internal code changes' good stuff. ;) Did you read the opening post?

This alpha build is mostly major internal code changes so please don't expect any new features in it.

So there doesn't seem to be any interesting 'good stuff' in it. However, I presume the internal code changes are a preparation for some actual good stuff in the future... ;)

• Don't think so, unless you consider 'internal code changes' good stuff. ;) Did you read the opening post?

So there doesn't seem to be any interesting 'good stuff' in it. However, I presume the internal code changes are a preparation for some actual good stuff in the future... ;)

Thats partly why i didn’t go for it, but comments suggest more than that.

• So there doesn't seem to be any interesting 'good stuff' in it. However, I presume the internal code changes are a preparation for some actual good stuff in the future... ;)

No, there are plenty of new features for you in there as well!

E.g. cold and dark Q400, Baron and King Air, flight plan editing via CDU/MCDU in A320, LJ45, Q400 and B737

• No, there are plenty of new features for you in there as well!

E.g. cold and dark Q400, Baron and King Air, flight plan editing via CDU/MCDU in A320, LJ45, Q400 and B737

Cool! In the alpha already or in the upcoming update? Why say "so please don't expect any new features in it" if all that is included! Sounds great! I'll wait for the official update though: I like to enjoy my flights instead of being annoyed by little alpha problems.. ;)

• With this alpha we mainly want to check if aerofly runs stable on all your different setups and that we didn't miss anything critical. There are a lot of new features in the alpha, yes the ones I mentioned are included, but we would like you to focus on testing if everything else works as it should before getting distracted with the news stuff :)

• Sounds fantastic! Are we talking cold and dark when you start in a parking spot like with the Duchess, or do we have to turn everything off ourselves?

Same as before, simulation starts with engines running but you can shut them down if you do the right steps. It just means the aircraft systems are capable of doing a complete shut down and restart.

The option to start the simulation with engines off (cold) or even cold and dark is independent of the aircraft. If we add that in it will be a menu option when you select the location on the ramp at the gate or parking position and will work for all aircraft that support having their engines shut down. And it is this list of aircraft that we try to extend first in order to make this feature useful enough or worth it to be added.

• Well, it comes pretty close. You can turn off everything apart from (afaik) the FMS screens (because they simply are static pictures) and you keep on hearing some fan sound all the time. And the YD and HSI SEL lights remain active. But everything else can be turned off completely. So it comes pretty close to cold and dark imho.

Ok, now you are saying not cold and dark but pretty close. It's not too difficult to understand what cold and dark means, isn't it?

It means you step into the cockpit and there's absolutely no sound, no lights, simply a completely unpowered airplane.

Either it's cold and dark or not. There's no 'almost' or 'pretty close'.

That's why I find it very strange that you call this, IMO important and immersive, feature a 'pity'.

Btw, did you notice in your screenshot that the standby instruments are working?

• Please stick to what we need from you here, to only report bugs. Not what the alpha has and should have.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Ok, now you are saying not cold and dark but pretty close. It's not too difficult to understand what cold and dark means, isn't it?

It means you step into the cockpit and there's absolutely no sound, no lights, simply a completely unpowered airplane.

Either it's cold and dark or not. There's no 'almost' or 'pretty close'.

That's why I find it very strange that you call this, IMO important and immersive, feature a 'pity'.

Btw, did you notice in your screenshot that the standby instruments are working?

Es Nervt,immer dieses Kalt/Dunkel- Kalt/Dunkel- Kalt/Dunkel ....es ist ein Simulator und das soll Aerofly FS2 auch bleiben.

Für mich ist es jetzt schon perfekt. :)

Bitte Leute ,seid doch mal mit was zufrieden:!::!::!::!:

MFG Enrico

• Für mich ist es jetzt schon perfekt. :)

Bitte Leute ,seid doch mal mit was zufrieden :!::!::!::!:

:thumbup:I won't say AFS2 is perfect but in some regards it's 'pretty close'. 8o I'm happy with 'pretty close' and what I've got right now and I'm looking forward to whatever is coming once this alpha version goes final!

Please stick to what we need from you here, to only report bugs. Not what the alpha has and should have.

:thumbup:

• Don't have the alpha/beta.

I tried Vulcan quickly and I noticed something a bit weird.

I placed an AN2 static in LSZG.

In OGL mode, I aligned the wheels on ground.

When I switch to Vulcan, the AN2 is floating above ground about 3m in the air.

Not sure why

X-Plane 11.3x / DCS 2.5.4 / P3Dv4.5 / Aerofly FS 2

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

• I guess drhotwing's reply will be: test only with original aerofly aircraft in original scenery... no 3rd party software is indicative of good workings.

This would be best yes. This takes out any anomalies with user created builds.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff