Possible future option: saving current state?

• Whenever I continue a flight after restarting the sim a default state is being loaded. So I have to turn the AP on again and change various settings, knobs, options, switches and so on in order to proceed the flight properly. Has IPACS ever considered to automatically saves states in the future, like for instance A2A planes do in P3D, so everything, every switch and knob, even the chronometer, will be as you left it? This might be an optional setting: I can imagine not everyone would want to use this option.

• Would welcome this too.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Official Post

We are looking into ways to save the last flight's settings better but we will make sure that if you do any damage to your aircraft that this is not persistent between sessions so that you can enjoy flying and don't have to find the hidden menu option to reset the aircraft.

We also want to make some cockpit settings carry over from one aircraft to the next or when you move around. E.g. keep the radio frequencies and course selections and, if possible, things like selected heading, altitude, state of the engine (running/not running if you are on the ground) and stuff like that.

This is going to take some time though as you can imagine and you might see more and more things get persistent over time, or maybe not... i.d.k. we haven't decided exactly what we will do and we would like to keep this open so that we can change things around. This has to be thought out well because there are many places where annoying bugs can be introduced.

Regards,

Jan

• We are looking into ways to save the last flight's settings better but we will make sure that if you do any damage to your aircraft that this is not persistent between sessions so that you can enjoy flying and don't have to find the hidden menu option to reset the aircraft.

We also want to make some cockpit settings carry over from one aircraft to the next or when you move around. E.g. keep the radio frequencies and course selections and, if possible, things like selected heading, altitude, state of the engine (running/not running if you are on the ground) and stuff like that.

This is going to take some time though as you can imagine and you might see more and more things get persistent over time, or maybe not... i.d.k. we haven't decided exactly what we will do and we would like to keep this open so that we can change things around. This has to be thought out well because there are many places where annoying bugs can be introduced.

Okay, well, in that case I won't hold my breath for it ;) but it's nice these things are on the to do list!