Steam message while running Aerofly

• This is the message that AF gives when attempting to use my Rift S today. You have to click ok and cancel to get past this point.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Official Post

?

I've been testing the new Rift S on two different systems since yesterday and have not seen this once.

What Aerofly version are you running?

Try deleting the main.mcf file and try again.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Pretty sure it is a Steam-Thing. I have had the same with an number of Steam games that give the option to use Oculus Rift VR. Like hiflyer said, if you just plow through and hit ok it seems to work fine. It def ends up using Oculus VR, not SteamVR. I never got this message when running a game that must use SteamVR btw.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• On alpha or Beta channel, and with a deleted MCF and after a steam file integrity check the warning is still there

[Blocked Image: https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/935/wY7odA.jpg]

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Also, when changing settings in VR (such as from openGl to Vulkan) the sim has developed a tendency to crash

Devons rig

• Official Post

Also, when changing settings in VR (such as from openGl to Vulkan) the sim has developed a tendency to crash

Yes, this is a known issue that has been around for a while now.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• drhotwing1 (IPACS) May 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Rift S: Aerofly Flight Simulator does not support your currently active headset” to “Steam message while running Aerofly”.