R22: Changed Flight Model [Professional Mode] ??

• Hello,

A potential new Aerofly user here.

To sum it up: Should I just look elsewhere if I want to make full use of my controls and get a very realistic helicopter simulation, or does the AFS2 have option to take full advantage of this kind of setup?

Hi Earplane,

The R22 in Aerofly is (imo), more difficult to fly than the HUEY in DCS. But, you have to check the "Expert" mode box when selecting the R22. If not selected the R22 will be in "EASY" mode. Definitely worth checking out in EXPERT mode. I seriously doubt you would be disappointed.

• Hi Greg

when flying slower than 30 knts your decent must not exceed 300 ft per minute. By following that rule you will avoid getting into vortex ring state, you will feel the helicopter start to vibrate which is the first sign that you are entering the state, and to get out of the state you just need to move your cyclic forward (any direction will do) but forward is the most natural reaction as you can then transition out of it, having said that a lot of the sims over exagerate vortex ring state, its not really that easy to get into. When you do your training your instructor will take you into vortex ring state so that you are familiar with the vibration and know what to do, he will try do this at quite a high altitude, and guaranteed he will need a few attempts to purposely put the aircraft into vortex ring, its not something that happens all the time, the conditions need to be right, since I always fly in the sim as I would in real life ie always fly the machine with in its limits, and I naturally always adhere to the 30knts, 300ft/m rule, its second nature, I don't really care if its simulated in a sim. and since the conditions for vortex ring state are very variable I don't think any sim can simulate it accurately, and the only time I judge a sim on their implementation of vortex ring state is when they over exagerate it. Basically what I'm saying is a sim shouldn't be judged on its implementation of a state that you are trained to never get into, much like crashing😊

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.