Fscloudport and current FS2

• I hope this is not posted in the wrong place.

There hasn’t been much in the forum recently about fscloudport and I’d appreciate any help on how it is working now given the continuing updates in FS2. I have only just started using it and my first load of Basel-Mullhouse by chrispriv went in perfectly and gave me a beautiful airport with a nicely textured flat runway just to the north of the Swiss area. It is an airport that I was really longing for, for ages and ages and I’m delighted and very grateful to Spit40 for fscloudport and chrispriv for Basel airport.

My second attempt was Sion by JetJockey10 which I hoped would give me some Airport buildings and static aircraft but it did not go as well. I lost the default runway and lighting and got the unlit base texture bumpy runway and got no airport buildings but there were several very nice parked aeroplanes. This is how it looks both with the basic Swiss scenery and following the addition of Autogen Switzerland South by Drassaud.

Do I need to edit or delete conflicting files or is this to be espected from fscloudport airports and from FS2 updating? Has this been covered before and I missed it? I know nothing about scenery creation!

Edited once, last by Overloaded (June 6, 2019 at 10:18 PM).

• Fscp can struggle if the terrain is steep in parts. A hand drawn airport would involve tailored terrain smoothing of the airport footprint but fscp is unaware of where the runway is being placed and things can go wrong elevationwise as a result.

• Overloaded : according to my experience, Bex airport (LSGB), brings full of strange static aircraft in many other swiss airports, like saanen.

For me, the fscloud Bex airport is responsible of many strange effects on other airport.

Try to delete BEX, and all will be fine in many other places.

In my Switzerland dlc, Sion is ok : flat runway, with no building (which is a pity)..

• What do you want to know ? I live in Sion, 1 mile from the airport ?

Why is Sion so different from all the other airports that we can update with fsCP? Nothing seems to work correctly for me.

Ray

Heck, I though BEX was the good airport update. duh. I added some custom sailplanes and such, but not much else.

Ray

• Overloaded : according to my experience, Bex airport (LSGB), brings full of strange static aircraft in many other swiss airports, like saanen.

For me, the fscloud Bex airport is responsible of many strange effects on other airport.

In my Switzerland dlc, Sion is ok : flat runway, with no building (which is a pity)..

FCP Bex contains objects from other airports. All you got to do is remove the planes from the bex tsc which are on different coordinates and you‘ll be fine.

I have opened the dialog with Flylogic and asked them if they could build the Pay airport which are currently missing. They will look into the option 😉

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Good luck,;) I already made the request last week, and since then no more news?:/:(||

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Thanks everyone, I’ll try it without Ray’s brave offering, the parked planes will be missed. I downloaded Bex so I’ll keep that warning in mind.

Thank You All for these brilliant additions to FS2. Running the interesting southerly approach into Basel over the serious high ground is really special and having that nice airport at the end is great.

• FCP Bex contains objects from other airports. All you got to do is remove the planes from the bex tsc which are on different coordinates and you‘ll be fine.

I have opened the dialog with Flylogic and asked them if they could build the Pay airport which are currently missing. They will look into the option 😉

I own nearly all of the older Flylogic airports for FSX (no longer in use) and now those available for Prepar3d. I like them very much, notably Sion is a very fine scenery and would be a perfect fit to AFS2 Switzerland.

Maybe we can send Flylogic a few more reminders to show them there is a market.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Un séjour sans faille

I own nearly all of the older Flylogic airports for FSX (no longer in use) and now those available for Prepar3d. I like them very much, notably Sion is a very fine scenery and would be a perfect fit to AFS2 Switzerland.

Maybe we can send Flylogic a few more reminders to show them there is a market.

Kind regards, Michael

Very good idea! :thumbup:I also have all Flylogics editions for FSX, and I already wrote last week, but unfortunately, never received any news ?!

Try it too, because the more requests you have, the more chances you will have!;)

info@mailsoft.com

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• I already got a reply. Alex will look into it if he can do Sion.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I already got a reply. Alex will look into it if he can do Sion.

Kind regards, Michael

That would be a great start! My CC is ready

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

I removed ALL static aircraft from BEX. I also added TomSimMuc as contributor so he can troubleshoot any conflicts with other airports.

Ray

OOOOh, then this also affected my CH-Refinery scenery, as this uses fscp Bex.

I am sorry for this and just released an update without the gliders colliding in Saanen.

https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…eries-for-afs2/

Thomas

Well, it BTHOM what is causing these conflicts. We can just delete BEX and be done with it. I have no idea how it is even possible for static aircraft at one airport to cause conflicts with any other airport, but a full delete of BEX should cure the problem.

• ALEX???:D:D^^

Alex Brander, Flylogic/Mailsoft

• For information: During my first email, Alex simply answered by asking me what scene it was? I answered him, for example: LSGN, LSGS, or LSZA, and since, never again had an answer? And this despite several attempts. Thanks Alex and Flylogics support!

After receiving other information, externally, Flylogics is only distributor, like ORBX, and produces no scenes, let alone convert them. A word of mouth, and good luck!;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Quote from Jetjockey10

I removed ALL static aircraft from BEX. I also added TomSimMuc as contributor so he can troubleshoot any conflicts with other airports.

Yes, it would be great if Sion (LSGS) will be converted professionally by Flylogics.

Ray: Can you please give me in the meantime editing-right on LSGS?

So I can include some buildings on fscloudport and it will also be possible to use these objects in combination with the original DLC of Switzerland. It isn't perfect but still better than a flat ground.;)

Chris

• Yes, it would be great if Sion (LSGS) will be converted professionally by Flylogics.

Ray: Can you please give me in the meantime editing-right on LSGS?

So I can include some buildings on fscloudport and it will also be possible to use these objects in combination with the original DLC of Switzerland. It isn't perfect but still better than a flat ground.;)

Chris

done. have fun.