Germany in AeroflyFS2

• I am not sure everyone is aware of the service our friend IZ0JUB (Michael) is doing to the German (and beyond) AeroflyFS2 community right now. Over at flight-sim.org you can find the first tiles of his Germany North scenery comprising complete ortho scenery as well as cultivation.

Here are two shots:

Graal-Mueritz

and Rostock-Warnemuende

He did even some color-corrections given the original imagery is quite poor (as I observed in my own attempts).

Be prepared you will need some disk space, a very rough estimate provides close to 200 tiles, around 0.5GB each, for the whole of Germany, but that's the way it is with photo scenery. For me, a dream would come true seeing my home country represented in AeroflyFS2 in this quality.

Moreover, adding the already completed packages like Italy or commercially available products like The Netherlands, this will give a HUGE space for flying in Central Europe. And don't forget there are a high number of FSCloudPort airports available to add.

Once more, a million thanks, Michael!

Kind regards, Michael (II)

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Also from my side a million thanks to Michael IZ0JUB for this great work and Michael (II) for pointing it out!

Germany is my second home country and my favorit place to fly in real and in the sim. I always wanted to have it in FS2 and did some work for South Germany, but simply don't have the time for scenery development anymore.

I just downloaded the first three tiles and made a short flight along the baltic coast. Just wonderful! I will certainly continue building up Germany as it comes to flight-sim. :)

Thanks again for all your work, Michael!

Best Regards,

Kai

• Many thanks to all of those who have acknowledge the work that I am doing for Germany.

I have just finished remaking Parts 1 to 5 using an alternative server.

They are being uploaded as I type.

Kindest regards to all,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Great, Michael. I'll replace the tiles on my list after they're all online.

Thanks and keep on the good work, Michael (II)

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• Hi Michael,

Its been a most interesting project with the other tiles. One in particular had a chequer box with no image so I had to clone the shoreline of a lake and small town to fill in the missing images, all part of my learning curve I guess!

I hope they turn out OK?

On re making Part 1 it would not make "Level 9". I have tried several times now but every time I process the tile in "AeroScenery" it skips "Level 9", its most odd?

It would be of interest if another simmer could try the same thing. The other tiles are processing OK.

Kindest regards as always. Michael.

• On re making Part 1 it would not make "Level 9". I have tried several times now but every time I process the tile in "AeroScenery" it skips "Level 9", its most odd?

It would be of interest if another simmer could try the same thing. The other tiles are processing OK.

I already had made this (map_09_8780_ae00 - right?) before and just looked it up, but level 9 is missing as well (while a few neighbours have it). Obvisouly, there seems to be a real issue with the source.

• That's very interesting, as well as Level 9 missing which is one file, on Level 11 there are only 15 files there should be 16.

I checked my GE folder and that's OK Level 9 and all of Level 11 files.

So it appears its only in the Bing tile.

Kindest regards, Michael.

PS. Downloaded the Bing tile again and noticed that this is the one with the black and white chequered area.

I have checked through my scenery and its most odd........................

Using "AeroScenery" with GE images with size 9 tile it generates Levels 9, 11, 12 and 13

The same tile using Bing images generates Levels 9, 10, 12 and 13.

Anyone else noticed this?

Edited once, last by IZ0JUB (June 10, 2019 at 2:20 PM).

• Fantastic work! Thank you!

Wow! Where can I find the Italian scenery? In flight-sim.org I see the Cultivation, but not the photo sceneries.

Italy is only cultivation indeed. You will have to do the Ortho scenery by yourself, at least for now. However, while making Ortho scenery is time-consuming, it is more straightforward using AeroScenery than Cultivation requiring sophisticated scripts.

Kind regards, Michael

• On my long journey as an amateur attempt on the Northern part of Germany the images are of so poor quality I'm almost giving up.

I then looked at "ArcGIS" as an alternative and it blows my mind for such clear, top quality, professional images, if you want to look here is the link.. http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1 On this page click on the BASEMAP button top left and then select IMAGERY.

As I have had no communication from Nick Hod author of "AeroScenery" for over 6 months its time to call for your HELP PLEASE.

There must be someone out there that can implement ArcGIS into "AeroScenery" PLEASE?

There doing it in X-Plane 11 so why not for FS 2?

Come on chaps lets get this up and running...............................

Michael.

• I support IZ0JUB. A small group is currently working intensively on making photoscenes, cultivation and airfields available in northern Germany and Denmark. Not everything is perfect, but it is so that it can be fun to fly. I would find it a pity, if this would fail now because of too bad images.

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• AeroScenery is on GitHub so someone being able could make a fork. However, I guess there are not more than 2 or 3 people around here with the abilties to integrate Arcgis.

An alternative idea would be to exploit Ortho4XP, that's what the X-Planers use. It supports a wide range of sources, including Arcgis and many more. There has been a derivative available producing output for Prepar3d since a year or so. So, it might be easier to add AeroflyFS2 as an output channel than modify AeroScenery for Arcgis.

Just an idea, but in both cases it would require a hardcore programmer, I think.

• I think making some sort of interface between the existing Ortho4XP and making scenery and cultivation would be a quantum leap for FS 2.

I'm currently working on Part 19 for Germany North and having to rebuild parts of lakes, towns and fields that are missing from the downloaded images, not an easy task as I don't know the areas.

I'm doing the best I can.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

• If I'm right, are all programs for Windows computers, or is there software for Mac computers?

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I think making some sort of interface between the existing Ortho4XP and making scenery and cultivation would be a quantum leap for FS 2.

I'm currently working on Part 19 for Germany North and having to rebuild parts of lakes, towns and fields that are missing from the downloaded images, not an easy task as I don't know the areas.

I'm doing the best I can.

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Congratulations Michael, and thank you very much you did a great job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

All the credit is yours, because this country is huge!;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• swiss ortho are best from swiss gov. freely available with a little almost invisible watermark. would be great if this would be in aeroscenery too. o4xp does have it.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz