Krzysztof, the acrobatic Yak 55m and others ...

• Hi Krzysztof

It is something absolutely superb, portentous, with an aspect both on the runway and on the heights, admirable and that deserves admiration, not only for its visual aspect, but also for the sound of its engine; unique among all the airplanes of this sim. = (celestial music). Naturally, I mean the Yak 55m.

When we subject it to a vertical or inclined ascent, as it rises, the sound of its engine becomes progressively more lower (its sound frequency) to reach the highest point with zero speed or close to zero, that frequency is very lower . Then it comes to the descent, in which that frequency becomes increasingly acute as it gains speed. In my opinion, it is by far the best created sound of all airplanes; It is frankly superb. Until I listened carefully to the acoustics of this plane, I had not realized how important the flight is with a good sound on the plane.

When you approach the runway with progressive deceleration, the same thing happens to you, its acoustic frequency decreases and indicating that the engine decreases in r.p.m.

If we observe it diagonally (from the nose, pressing the function key F2), when approaching the runway to land, it constitutes a magnificent spectacle, not only visual, with its portentous aspect and its elegant appearance, but also with its " wonderful music. "

It is also impressive, the flight seen from the cockpit, with a very wide field of vision and a different sound as is logical. No acrobatic plane presents this extraordinary vision, accompanied by its own "music" from that point of the pilot's hearing.

For those of us who like acrobatics, this plane constitutes a "superb work of flying art", both visually and acoustically. His appearance slowly rolling down the runway after touching land, causes a deep admiration with his elegant rolling and his special music.

Of course Krzysztof, if you had already given me a great surprise and joy, when you gave us the Rutan Long_EZ, now with this Yak 55 m, you have filled the glass, without despising a few more, among them, the 3 previous acrobatic ones, and especially the canard (Kyushu J7W1 Shinden) which I also fly with great pleasure, although you have to improve it a lot, but that will come with time.

You have provided this Sim. a huge squad of planes, all completely different, which makes it much more valuable. We can choose from the oldest, to the most current. A whole range of possibilities for those who like the variety in flight and experimentation with different machines. In my opinion, all this contribution deserves a reward, for that reason, once again I insist: "you should give us the possibility of making donations from this Forum". I tell you with the greatest sincerity and appreciation: your enormous work of adaptation deserves it.

Once again, my deep gratitude for all you have given us.

Kind ragards: Delfin

• This YouTube video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

shows one with power and manifold pressure instruments, I couldn’t find much on-line, one source said it had a variable pitch prop so it might be up to the pilot to prevent overspeeding in a dive, seems strange for an aerobatic plane but the tortured sound might impress competition judges?

• Hi Overloaded

First of all, thanks for the video. Pity that another camera filmed acrobatic maneuvers, that would mean another plane following it, and that makes the operation more expensive.

Reflecting on what you said about the 'constant speed propeller', I think it is quite evident, that this plane (of this Sim.) Does not carry such a device, otherwise, the engine as the plane ascends or descends, would keep its r.m.p. and this does not happen here, but the opposite.

In the real world and with the real plane, I have no idea, nor if that acoustic frequency of the motor corresponds to the ones we hear here. I just say that I love the engine music of this model, as well as its ability to maneuver in acrobatics. I love his flying figure and also his music.

That the pilot could reach excessive speed ?. Well, as you know very well, all liquid fuel engines have a limiter of r.p.m. which consists in progressively limiting the entry of fuel from certain r.p.m. of the motor, with this, the motor is ensured, otherwise, it could disintegrate.

Regards: Delfin

Judging from his body language especially the face, he is not enjoying it very much. In the end, he will sweat.

• Hi, I meant engine over speeding, it is not a huge problem with a fixed pitch prop but with manually variable pitch props the blade angle, throttle setting and (dive) airspeed could combine to cause the engine to exceed its max rpm. Such props are very rare, hydraulic constant speed control in the mid 1930s really made them obsolete. The horrible electric control props had a manual pitch mode. I never came across rpm limiting in Continental or Lycoming engines (or in piston powerplant theory).

• Hi Krzysztof

It is something absolutely superb, portentous, with an aspect both on the runway and on the heights, admirable and that deserves admiration, not only for its visual aspect, but also for the sound of its engine; unique among all the airplanes of this sim. = (celestial music). Naturally, I mean the Yak 55m.

Hello delphinpm,

Where did you get this model? Because on github.com I did not find it?:/

Cheers

Tomfa

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Reflecting on what you said about the 'constant speed propeller', I think it is quite evident, that this plane (of this Sim.) Does not carry such a device, otherwise, the engine as the plane ascends or descends, would keep its r.m.p. and this does not happen here, but the opposite.

On the Yak 55m or on the Su-26/29 the M14P engine work with the B530TA-D35 2b (or Melbauer 3b) Prop, this is a variable pitch propeller (or constant speed) the propeller pitch are controlled with the aid of a lever connected by cable linkage to the constant-speed governor.

Edited once, last by Alayn266 (June 11, 2019 at 6:14 PM).

• "Mühlbauer" ;) MT-Propeller. Coming from Straubing in Germany. If you need more Information I can ask.

For the display of an Yak 55... It is like a tractor in the air. It looks like the plane is moving at the same speed forwards, upwards and downwards. Sounds crazy, but it looks a bit like.

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• "Mühlbauer" yes sorry ! MT "Mühlbauer" for the 3 blades, and the B530TA-D35 for the two blades on the oldest plane, this two propeller are constant speed and hydraulically actuated. The prop speed is in % not in RPM , in the video the speed is constant at 95% during the flight, but you can also (and it is better) make your aerobatics at Nominal 1 (82%), the max take off is 99%(2900 rpm).

ps : (I owned a yak 52 with the same prop and engine)

Edited 5 times, last by Alayn266 (June 11, 2019 at 6:43 PM).

• Its apparently in a private repository.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• So I explain why some people see more models, and when models become available to the public.

There are three groups of models:

• private, which I develop only myself,
    • shared with a narrow test group,
    • and made available to the public.

Generally models go through these three stages. When I correct critical errors (such as exploding gears), I make a model available to a narrow group.

When the model is "almost" ready and for now I don't plan any more features (like VR), I make it available to the public.

Of course reported issues are resolving in all stages.

Therefore, many simple models are already available, but more complex models still need to be worked on, and are not available to everyone.

The current GitHub subscription plan allows up to three colaborants per model in private tests. For this reason, from time to time I change the people who have access to the model, using the available space.

I hope you will understand my approach.

regards

Krzysk