Examples of retouched images

• Salut,

I sought the number ideal of squares to download with Aeroscenery.

I started with 1 square on the areas where I have sea and land.

as I retouching all the images one by one. My folder .png file contains about 15 images and I quickly finished a small area.

By if I have 100-200 images in folder,the number of .png that I must retouched is high, I find it more stimulating as well.

On the other hand for the flat areas or without relief I will do by 3 squares.

I tried with 6 squares and but it depresses me a little .. to have too many images for an area has retouched.

Then when I check the area on a square or 3 it will be faster to test.

That said, it's a big job, but it's also rewarding to fly to a region where it fits your wishes.

here are some examples of retouching.

I find the ranking of images by sector very important, because later to make the autogen here will be much easier and faster, and to check the area.

• Salut,

Tu retouches bien les dalles stitched ?

Combien de RAM as-tu ?

Pour mon cas : 40 Go et dans le settings d'aeroscenery j'ai mis : Max tiles 64x64.

Pour une taille 9, cela fait une 20aine de dalles.

Yes, you have to retouch the stiched file

First step

• Download
    • Stitch
    • Create TMC files

Second step

• Retouche stiched files

Third step

• Run geoconvert

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• To be honest I prefer the un-edited images, showing the muddy water in the river and the different contrasts in the inland waterways.

At the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Its good to see someone else out there having a go at making scenery.

It is addictive!

Kindest regards,

Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• It is addictive!

Would be more addictive to me if you could take other sources than bing and google. The quality for the areas i'ld like to have is not good.

British columbia

Hawaii

Switzerland

Reunion

New Zealand

Clouds, color changes, seasonal changes, overexposing is all there. not really usable

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Bonjour izozub ,

Except that for France, slabs are very poor colorimetry, if I do not edit them, for me it's impossible to fly on.

I made a video of my 1st non-retouched area.I upload it on youtube, I will post the link in 3h.

So you will realize the poor quality of the textures. And tomorrow I will post a video of the same scene with retouched images.

Cordially

• "ArcGIS" is another satellite image provider fare superior to Bing and GE in my opinion.

Yes, but Switzerland still has a huge amount. of cloud. Tenerife is bad quality too. O4XP has better sources for different countries. I posted a list a while ago.

• Let me guess - we cannot ask the dev of O4XP to create O4FS2

• Let me guess - we cannot ask the dev of O4XP to create O4FS2

I much doubt it. He's a very dedicated XP-fan and rather made O4XP to just boost XP (which he achieved). However, as far as I know the source code is free and someone else (not the author of O4XP) made a working P3D port a year or so ago. So, in principle it should be possible to make an AeroflyFS2 fork, too.

Supposedly this will require a gifted and dedicated programmer, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• About a year ago I asked nichod: "Do you think it will be possible to use this orthophoto for Aerofly FS2?"

AeroScenery Beta - Help With Testing Required

I'm still here guys and still want to add other sources to AeroScenery. It seems to be the most requested thing amongst new users.

Let me see if I can carve out some time in the next couple of weeks.

It's a shame there aren't many other developers on here because it's straightforward to add orthophoto sources to AeroScenery.

My time being swallowed up by other consultancy work is the issue, not AeroScenery limitations.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• Wow, Nick, a hot welcome back!

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64