Advice for a new player

• Hi,

I just bought Aerofly FS2 to use in VR and I have to say, I'm not disappointed !

Now I'm looking for a new scenery to explore with great landscapes and preferably mountains. I really like the look of the Switzerland scenery and also the newly released Lukla Mount Everest Extreme.

I was wondering what you think of these or if you have any other suggestions.

Cheers!

• You can't go wrong with Switzerland and the new Lukla DLC. Each of those has literally brought nothing but joy and happiness while flying in VR.

For the same big landscape scenes I would suggest you check out the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Colorado.

Also you will find there are a few big cities modeled which are fantastic for flying in the R22 heli.

Depending on how much you like VR flying, you might be inclined to start creating your own scenery which can be time consuming but very rewarding.

What kind of headset are you using?

• Hi Longtree,

Lukla is great for the price. Telluride in Colorado is a good mountain scenery place too. For a change in colours also check out Death Valley.

Brilliant, thanks, I'll check those out!

You can't go wrong with Switzerland and the new Lukla DLC. Each of those has literally brought nothing but joy and happiness while flying in VR.

For the same big landscape scenes I would suggest you check out the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Colorado.

Also you will find there are a few big cities modeled which are fantastic for flying in the R22 heli.

Depending on how much you like VR flying, you might be inclined to start creating your own scenery which can be time consuming but very rewarding.

What kind of headset are you using?

Great, thanks for the advice !

I'm using the Acer Windows MR headset. I did buy the Rift S but (surprisingly) found the visuals to be a slight downgrade with a little less resolution and some color banding even though it did have a slightly larger sweet spot and less pupil swim than the Acer. I returned the Rift S and hope to buy the Reverb when it becomes available again.

Interesting, how do you create your own scenery ???

Also, if you had to choose between Lukla and Switzerland which would it be ?

Thanks again !

• Lukla and Switzerland are both great, for beginners Switzerland might be a little easier to fly because not all the airports are high altitude STOL ports. If you get Switzerland, be sure to check out flight-sim.org for drassaud's excellent freeware cultivation (=autogen) for Switzerland North South East and West, and also his mountain airstrips for a real challenge.

• Interesting, how do you create your own scenery ???

Also, if you had to choose between Lukla and Switzerland which would it be ?

To create your own scenery requires you to look further down the rabbit hole for that info ;) But all the info is there.

If you are not sure about which scenery to choose from. I would wait for a sale. Typically Steam has a great one around July 4th. (that's when I purchased Aerofly and all DLCs) Can't guarantee Lukla would be on sale since it is brand new.

As for which one I would choose out of the two right now? I would say flip a coin 8o since they both offer great experiences.

• Switzerland, with draussaud or orbx cultivation freeware add on, is fantastic ! More than 40 airports...

Yeah, I saw the video by Belgeode

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It looks fantastic !

• Longtree if you are interested the Steam Sales have started and the U.S. SOUTH FLORIDA DLC is only $8.74 along with a bunch of other DLC's for a great price.

My opinion is the South Florida DLC for less than ten bucks is the deal of the century. Whatever you do, don't miss this one.

• Longtree if you are interested the Steam Sales have started and the U.S. SOUTH FLORIDA DLC is only $8.74 along with a bunch of other DLC's for a great price.

Yeah, I waited for the sale :) I bought Switzerland, Northeastern USA and South Florida !

My opinion is the South Florida DLC for less than ten bucks is the deal of the century. Whatever you do, don't miss this one.

Just got it ;)

Such a great price !

• NorthEastern USA/New York is also amazingly discounted and is to me TEN times more interesting than Florida, I very rarely use Florida, it is flat and monotonous, New York is crammed full of good stuff. It will cost you the price of a big bar of chocolate, hint ..... go for it!

• NorthEastern USA/New York is also amazingly discounted and is to me TEN times more interesting than Florida, I very rarely use Florida, it is flat and monotonous, New York is crammed full of good stuff. It will cost you the price of a big bar of chocolate, hint ..... go for it!

I feel the same about Florida, it's not the developers fault I guess, it's just that a completely flat landscape always falls short compared to breathtaking mountain sceneries like Switzerland or Lukla or the iconic New York area. It's a similar problem with ORBX Netherlands. I'd also wish for a more interesting region as the next IPACS DLC., and I'd even rather pay for a increased detail default area (like complete cultivation and landmarks for the western US) than a Central Arkansas DLC or something like that.

• I feel the same about Florida, it's not the developers fault I guess, it's just that a completely flat landscape always falls short compared to breathtaking mountain sceneries like Switzerland or Lukla or the iconic New York area. It's a similar problem with ORBX Netherlands. I'd also wish for a more interesting region as the next IPACS DLC., and I'd even rather pay for a increased detail default area (like complete cultivation and landmarks for the western US) than a Central Arkansas DLC or something like that.

It all depends on what blows your skirt up. Us Floridians think of Switzerland as a place for expensive vacations, and New York City as a place for changing planes. :S8o

• It all depends on what blows your skirt up. Us Floridians think of Switzerland as a place for expensive vacations, and New York City as a place for changing planes. :S8o

Of course someone who actually lives in the area will get his enjoyment out of the scenery, and I'm not saying it's bad, actually it is very detailed and well made. But I still believe some regions of the world will appeal to more people than others, and for flying I personally find mountainous terrain more interesting and varied.