Is Aerofly FS 2 ever going to join VATSIM?

• I don't know when or how but are the developers planning, sometime in the future, to partner up with VATSIM? OR are they going to keep it local... I guess. Where if there was an online service, it would only be those using Aerofly FS2.

I'm not expecting this to happen anytime soon.

Cheers,

Dean

• Right after IVAO ;(

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• International Virtual Aviation Organization (IVAO).

I remember when it was the accepted thing to actually put the acronym then the full name in brackets. These days the idiots seem to think we can always guess what an acronym stands for.

Edited once, last by AOB (June 17, 2019 at 2:05 AM).

• International Virtual Aviation Organization (IVAO).

I remember when it was the accepted thing to actually put the acronym then the full name in brackets. These days the idiots seem to think we can always guess what an acronym stands for.

Who are you calling "idiot"?

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I would have thought it was up to VATSIM to adapt to AFS2, rather than the IPACS Team changing their excellent product to accommodate VATSIM

Yes and no. Yes for adjusting the client. No, because IPACS first needs to provide an interface, which does not exist in the sim.

• Official Post

We do have an interface to send and receive data but there isn't an interface to receive and display moving aircraft yet.

And if we do make the effort for loading aircraft models that move through the sky we can add multiple sources change from one network to the other, have the aircraft fly through the sky on AI or via multiplayer or maybe even a live-tracker of real aircraft movements. We probably won't be limiting our implementation to just one virtual network if we decide to implement this.

• Official Post

its is possible now, aerofly fs2021 (the same flight engine as aerofly pc) can display ai aircraft which instead of those aircraft are ai controlled, connect those moving planes with VATSIM and IVAO, if that is possible IPACS, Big fan of the flight simulator

At the moment this is not yet possible and the air traffic aircraft are flying a predetermined path. Multiplayer aircraft from which ever source are not as predictable and that would require more work on our side. But in theory we have created the air traffic system with other sources in mind such as possible aerofly multiplayer and online networks such as VATSIM, IVAO, etc.