New Update Released Today (Jun 19th 2019)!

• Official Post

Greetings fellow flight simmers,

we have been busy working under the hood and we are now ready to release our latest feature packed update.

Here is a glimpse to what has been added, fixed, and changed:

• Added Advanced camera movement system (optional setting) that moves the camera head position as you look around in the cockpit, aligns the camera to the overhead or pedestal up direction so that text remains readable and a better panel overview is achieved.
    • Fixed Bug fixes when Vulkan renderer is active. The Vulkan renderer should now be used by default on AMD and NVIDIA GPU's.
    • Changed R22 rotor simulation to use elastic blades to better match helicopter reaction with respect to control inputs.
    • Added R22 rotor blade bending in graphics, blades bend according to load and when engine is turned off
    • Fixed Throttle levers in A320, B737, B747, C90Gtx, LJ45 and Q400 now allow finer adjustments
    • Added A320 electrical system now allows to get into dark state
    • Added A320 FWC (flight warning computer) simulation, ECAM messages with ECAM actions, status page and status reminder... more than 100 warnings and 60 memos simulated and the implementation is open for expansion via tmd. Warnings sounds have not been added yet.
    • Added A320 realistic delays between pilot action and system changes, e.g. it might take couple of seconds to display spoilers aremd
    • Changed A320 minor changes to direct law and alternate law
    • Changed A320 ailerons, elevators, rudders and spoilers can now fail when respective computers are set off, might be difficult to fly (give it a try).
    • Changed A320 ECAM fuel page redone, now in modern style
    • Changed A320 fixes to ECAM electrical page
    • Added A320 fuel system with gravity feed and outer wing transfer
    • Added A320 PFD, ND red flags flashing
    • Added A320 "no autoland" warning
    • Added A320 stall speeds calculated from angle of attack and gross mass
    • Added A320 anti skid tested after gear extension
    • Added A320 flight director resets 30 seconds after landing
    • Added A320 IRS needs alignment after being shut down (time shortened to one minute instead of up to 10 min.)
    • Added A320 when spoilers are automatically retracted (e.g. flap full, high angle of attack or TOGA) they will be inhibited until the spoiler lever is set to retract
    • Fixed A320 FCU only resets after power has been lost for some time
    • Fixed A320 CAT 3 stays active when levers are pulled to idle for landing flare
    • Fixed A320 engine fire warning on ECAM when light test is performed
    • Changed A320 autoland spoilers only extend when thrust levers are manually pulled back to idle
    • Changed A320 jump seat view position
    • Changed A320 drag reduced
    • Changed A320 ignition selector only triggers engine page for engine start
    • Changed A320 engine display shows MREV thrust rating during revers thrust application
    • Added A320 MCDU flight plan can be created from the INIT page (set icao origin and destination)
    • Added A320 MCDU flight plan departure and arrival runways can be selected
    • Added A320 MCDU pages lateral revision, vertical revision, arrival and departure, some parameters are already operative, e.g. 10k speed limit and constraints might work
    • Added A320 MCDU flight plan page waypoints can be inserted and removed (BETA)
    • Added A320 MCDU scratchpad messages like ADD DRAG or DECELERATE
    • Added A320 MCDU pages position monitor, gps monitor and irs monitor
    • Added LJ45, Q400 and B737 a lot of new CDU pages have been added, e.g. navigation, flight plan, performance, fuel, tuning, etc.
    • Added LJ45, Q400 and B737 flight plan can be created and edited via CDU
    • Added LJ45, Q400 and B737 flight plan departure and arrival runways can be selected via CDU
    • Added B737 added greenish moving map to the radar screen
    • Changed Q400 engines are now build from modular engine components
    • Changed Q400 FADEC now able to increase power more quickly (less lag)
    • Added Q400 electrical system finished, Q400 systems can now reach cold and dark state
    • Fixed Q400 APU generator is now working and charging batteries
    • Added Q400, C90Gtx power levers can be pulled into reverse with VR hands or mouse
    • Changed C90Gtx engines are now build from modular engine components
    • Added C90Gtx low and high idle, engines can be shut down and restarted
    • Added C90Gtx electrical system added, C90GTx now also reached cold and dark status
    • Added C90Gtx working radio navigation and MFD options pages in the CDU
    • Added C90Gtx master caution and warning now flashing, more warnings functional
    • Added B58 engines can be shut down now, now also cold and dark
    • Fixed B737 autotuning on ADF removed
    • Changed B747 improvements to the displays, e.g. correct navigation sources for pilot and copilot navigation displays
    • Changed F18 and F15e steering range is automatically managed for you, high steering is selected at low speed (below roughly 10 kts)
    • Changed MB339 engines are now build from modular engine components
    • Added R22 doors can be opened
    • Changed ASG29 canopy animation smoothed out, no more jumps when closing
    • Fixed Advanced autopilot fixes to localizer capture on East headings
    • Fixed Advanced autopilot changed glide slope mode corrects for non standard glide slope angles (e.g. steep approaches)
    • Changed Advanced autopilot speed hold adjusted for autothrottle SPEED mode and vertical IAS HOLD pitch mode
    • Fixed Advanced autopilot numerous bug fixes and minor improvements

Special thanks to those of you who assisted during our alpha testing phase.

This update will be available in the public version of Steam today and for non-Steam users shortly thereafter.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

That's Great news. Will you ever release any of the updates to folks that purchased Aerofly FS2 as a download or DVD?

We haven't had an update since the R22 was introduced.

Rick

Hi Rick, the public release version from Steam also didn't really get a big update since then.

Yes, we plan to update the DVD version shortly as Jeff already wrote in his last sentence. ("non steam users")

• When is the Mac version expected to be updated?

Tschüss, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

Sadly the update process via the apple store isn't as quick as via steam, will take a bit longer.

Thanks for the info - and I hope that the update can come soon.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I am probably going to enjoy all the upgrades to the Learjet 45, but I sure am going to miss flying the R-22. I crash and burn within 10 seconds on every time. duh. Just rolls over and dives into the ground. I can't stop it. Flight controls are calibrated. It started with the update today. Sure wish there was a way to opt out of the update.

Ray

• I am probably going to enjoy all the upgrades to the Learjet 45, but I sure am going to miss flying the R-22. I crash and burn within 10 seconds on every time. duh. Just rolls over and dives into the ground. I can't stop it. Flight controls are calibrated. It started with the update today. Sure wish there was a way to opt out of the update.

Ray

I took the R22 for a ride from GCXO to GCTS. No issue. Flies as shitty as the real one. You will not get an AS350 through the upgrade. I is still an R22. On of the worst choices you can ever make for the ppl. Sorry for being honest.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I'm not unhappy with the choice of the R-22 at all, I really enjoyed simple, easy flying to checkout the scenery and such. Something has been recently introduced to the controls that make them unmanageable for me. I evidently am looking for something to help me stay in the air, not constantly working every axis to avoid a crash.

Ray

• I'm not unhappy with the choice of the R-22 at all, I really enjoyed simple, easy flying to checkout the scenery and such. Something has been recently introduced to the controls that make them unmanageable for me. I evidently am looking for something to help me stay in the air, not constantly working every axis to avoid a crash.

Ray

Ray, we are looking into this as it may have changed by accident. Give us some to work on this.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Q400, C90Gtx and B58 support cold & dark? Well, the Baron is one of my favourites, I am happy to hear that I can really shut the plane down.

Is there a way to start cold & dark? And are there any other planes I missed supporting cold & dark?

• There are a number of aircraft that can be shut down to cold and dark but there is no option to start up in cold and dark yet.

Cold and dark: Q400, C90Gtx, B58, C172, R22

Cold: Jungmeister, Pitts

Dark: A320 (almost, I overlooked the standby pfd LOL), Learjet45

As soon as the turbofans can be turned off, too, I'll instantly have the A320 and LJ45 cold and dark as well, I want to make the B737 and B747 cold and dark as well once that is possible.

If you edit the controls.tmd of the A320 and LJ45 (make backups!) and enable the engine master switches or cut off switches you can get the engines to fake spool down and take systems with them.

Not to forget that you can also disable a bunch of systems in the A320 and fly rolls and loops with it then.

• Ray, we are looking into this as it may have changed by accident. Give us some to work on this.

Thanks Jeff and Jan,

I don't want to troubleshoot this in this thread. I posted some screenshots and questions here

Just tried to fly the R22 in the beta version - not flyable

Ray